Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for Dirrell - Abraham II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, Dirrell needs to fight Ward and/or Bute. Abraham needs to fight Pavlik and if he can't beat him, either move back down or retire. Still wouldn't mind seeing Pavlik and Williams, maybe at 164.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      With AA you can go Pwilly or Pav..I would not mind Andy Lee either,or JCC Jr..AA is fighting at 160lb again right??
      No AA is at 168. He wanted to back down to 160. But, he just can't make the weight. He's a man without a division. Which is tough. He can't make 160. And, his too small, and his style and attributes hurts him at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        No AA is at 168. He wanted to back down to 160. But, he just can't make the weight. He's a man without a division. Which is tough. He can't make 160. And, his too small, and his style and attributes hurts him at 168.
        Damn,then I don't know who the hell he should fight at 168lb then..Maybe Cleverly??

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Damn,then I don't know who the hell he should fight at 168lb then..Maybe Cleverly??
          He has targeted Stieglitz for a big german showdown and that is a winnable fight for him but definetely not a foregone conclusion. What he will do if Kessler beats Stieglitz is another matter. Maybe he should target Balszay who's one of the countless WBA champions.

Comment

Dirrell would be nuts to go to Germany to fight Abraham, though I would love to see a rematch anywhere else.

If you took the first fight and looked at the number of times Abraham complained to the ref about legal body shots you can see that had the fight been in Germany Dirrell would have been DQ'd for throwing body punches before the fight even got to the 8th round.

Also, had Abraham landed the punch that he did while Dirrell was on the ground a European Ref would have counted him out and given AA the win.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              He has targeted Stieglitz for a big german showdown and that is a winnable fight for him but definetely not a foregone conclusion. What he will do if Kessler beats Stieglitz is another matter. Maybe he should target Balszay who's one of the countless WBA champions.
              If Abraham fought Kessler it would be because Sauerland forced him to so they could cash out on his career. He'd stand very little chance of winning.

Comment

Abraham looked real sluggish in his last fight. His ego is down and he doesnt train hard enough. Dirrel whips him
                <- german

Abraham will fight a top 12-20 opponent and then maybe Stieglitz.

Comment

They do need to do a rematch to this fight the first one was a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    Dirrell would be nuts to go to Germany to fight Abraham, though I would love to see a rematch anywhere else.

If you took the first fight and looked at the number of times Abraham complained to the ref about legal body shots you can see that had the fight been in Germany Dirrell would have been DQ'd for throwing body punches before the fight even got to the 8th round.

Also, had Abraham landed the punch that he did while Dirrell was on the ground a European Ref would have counted him out and given AA the win.
                    I'm quite sure any referee would have DQ'ed AA for that shot. That was as blatant a foul as you will ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      I'm quite sure any referee would have DQ'ed AA for that shot. That was as blatant a foul as you will ever see.

You would also think any referee would end a fight where a fighter with a broken jaw takes a 10 minute break for medical attention.

Sadly that is not the case in Germany, as that fighter would not only be allowed to continue but would find himself the beneficiary of 5 point deductions.

Comment

Working...
                      X