Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video shows secret spy software on millions of Android, BlackBerry and Nokia phones!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope im being spied on.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
      Apple's main income is from selling quality products. People don't even give a thought to the fact that they are using a product that's sole purpose is to extract information from the user like android.

In the video I posted it shows that everything you do on one of these phones is sent back to this company which is a third party, this is going to be a legal nightmare soon.

Apple doesn't do this to it's users. Google does.
      So once I do this am I home free?

Comment

Apple's main income is from selling quality products. People don't even give a thought to the fact that they are using a product that's sole purpose is to extract information from the user like android.

In the video I posted it shows that everything you do on one of these phones is sent back to this company which is a third party, this is going to be a legal nightmare soon.

Apple doesn't do this to it's users. Google does.
        Um, the same Carrier IQ is in Apple products too. Get your head out of the sand.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/30/2...one/in/2365736

Well-known iPhone hacker Chpwn tweeted today that versions at least as recent as iPhone OS 3.1.3 contained references to Carrier IQ and later confirmed it's in all versions of iOS, including iOS 5.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          Um, the same Carrier IQ is in Apple products too. Get your head out of the sand.

http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/30/2...one/in/2365736

From the same article:

Update: chpwn notes that initial research indicated that Carrier IQ's software may only be active when the iPhone is in diagnostic mode. In a blog post, chpwn confirms that, based on his initial testing, Apple has added some form of Carrier IQ software to all versions of iOS, including iOS 5. However, the good news is that it does not appear to actually send any information so long as a setting called DiagnosticsAllowed is set to off, which is the default. Finally, the local logs on iOS seem to store much less information than what has been seen on Android, limited to some call activity and location (if enabled), but not any text from the web browser, SMS, or anywhere else. We'll let you know when more details arise.

Apple weren't using IQ software on their phones to take as much data as other handset makers anyway.

Here is their statement.

In a statement to AllThingsD, Apple has confirmed that the company stopped supporting Carrier IQ in iOS 5:
          Apple’s statement:

We stopped supporting Carrier IQ with iOS 5 in most of our products and will remove it completely in a future software update. With any diagnostic data sent to Apple, customers must actively opt-in to share this information, and if they do, the data is sent in an anonymous and encrypted form and does not include any personal information. We never recorded keystrokes, messages or any other personal information for diagnostic data and have no plans to ever do so.

I trust Apple to do the right thing with my info.

I wouldn't trust google with any info especially as seen in the video where all info and even passwords are being sent back to Carrier IQ unencrypted.

Comment

From the same article:

I trust Apple to do the right thing with my info.

I wouldn't trust google with any info especially as seen in the video where all info and even passwords are being sent back to Carrier IQ unencrypted.
            Oh yea, forgot, Apple is the only giant corporation that is completely innocent and have their customers well being ahead of their own.

They also said there was no issues with iPhone batteries that caused them to overheat and catch fire. They also said that OSX Defender wasn't malware, but they offered to fix it anyways. They also said there was nothing wrong with the iPhone 4's antenna design, people were just holding it the wrong way.

Fanboyism at its worst.
            Last edited by madsweeney; 12-01-2011, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Oh yea, forgot, Apple is the only giant corporation that is completely innocent and have their customers well being ahead of their own.

They also said there was no issues with iPhone batteries that caused them to overheat and catch fire. They also said that OSX Defender wasn't malware, but they offered to fix it anyways. They also said there was nothing wrong with the iPhone 4's antenna design, people were just holding it the wrong way.

Fanboyism at its worst.

They never denied there was a problem with batteries, they never denied malware and they never denied attenuation with the iPhone 4. Spread your FUD somewhere else.

Comment

Comment

That's nothing, there's an even more prolific spy software installed on millions of Android, Blackberry, Nokia, and yes, even Apple phones...

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

He was an important guy but Steve Jobs created more of an impact by bringing computers to the masses.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamer View Post
                      That's nothing, there's an even more prolific spy software installed on millions of Android, Blackberry, Nokia, and yes, even Apple phones...

**** yea! Forget the hidden ****, apps and social networks like Facebook give far more personal information than any of these "super spy" backdoor apps.

Comment

Working...
                      X