Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are some boxers allowed to cheat and earn respect as being "crafty" "Skilled"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
    Heavyweight.

Super Middleweight.

You're not too bright.
    Joe Louis. Billy Conn.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Not since Kessler or Bika.
      And he would suddenly stop clinching for no reason against Golovkin how? For what reason?

He would be DQ'd

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        And he would suddenly stop clinching for no reason against Golovkin how? For what reason?

He would be DQ'd
        What do you mean suddenly? I just told you his clinching hasn't been an issue in like 5 years.

Again, he hasn't clinched excessively since Kessler or Bika. It hasn't been much an issue for a while. His biggest wins besides Kessler don't have anything close to excessive clinching.

If Golovkin lost to Ward, I guarantee you it wouldn't be because he was cheated. It would be because he wasn't good enough.

Comment

What do you mean suddenly? I just told you his clinching hasn't been an issue in like 5 years.

Again, he hasn't clinched excessively since Kessler or Bika. It hasn't been much an issue for a while. His biggest wins besides Kessler don't have anything close to excessive clinching.

If Golovkin lost to Ward, I guarantee you it wouldn't be because he was cheated. It would be because he wasn't good enough.
          Oh no, Andre "Can't Leave Oakland" Ward would stink it up.

Why do you dislike Gennady?

Comment

Oh no, Andre "Can't Leave Oakland" Ward would stink it up.

Why do you dislike Gennady?
            Are you kidding? So if I don't hate unreasonably on Ward, I must hate Golovkin? My post history makes it very clear I don't ever hate on Golovkin and spent most my time discussing him defending him in arguments with morons.

Ward isn't nearly the clincher everyone says he is. Dude had one awful fight in that regard and everyone says he does it all the time. He didn't clinch much against Abraham, Froch, Dawson, or Rodriguez. People act like he's Wlad Klitschko when he's nothing close.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              It's strange how it's become acceptable

So around a tenth of the number of times Wladimir clinched against Povetkin....

Comment

Some fighters typically use cheating as their fight to fight gameplan.

I like Wlad because he is the best, will fight anyone, and usually gets the stoppage but the holding is too much apart of his plan. The same with Hopkins for years employing the threat of low shots and headbutts.

Comment

Are you kidding? So if I don't hate unreasonably on Ward, I must hate Golovkin? My post history makes it very clear I don't ever hate on Golovkin and spent most my time discussing him defending him in arguments with morons.

Ward isn't nearly the clincher everyone says he is. Dude had one awful fight in that regard and everyone says he does it all the time. He didn't clinch much against Abraham, Froch, Dawson, or Rodriguez. People act like he's Wlad Klitschko when he's nothing close.
                  Abraham and Froch were sooo long ago, Dawson was weight drained, Rodriguez who? Who the **** is/was Rodriguez? I shut off that fight by the 4th round.

Comment

Usually because it has gone overlooked to long and by the time people realize it is a part of their formula to win, it's too late. They have already become a dignified superstar with tons of power backing them. I don't know what the deal is with guys going into the ring and not making it a priority that the ref before hand knows of the others dirty tactics. I see Hopkins rush in with his head all the time, and his opponents just accept it. I think clearly the only way to call out boxers of superstar status in the ring for dirty tactics like using a forearms and such would be to complain to the ref constantly.

Comment

Abraham and Froch were sooo long ago, Dawson was weight drained, Rodriguez who? Who the **** is/was Rodriguez? I shut off that fight by the 4th round.
                      And they are his most recent fights. All of which him clinching was nothing close to an issue. Other than one fight against Kessler, clinching has never been a huge issue with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X