Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Wilders chin was tested in this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who doesn't think Wilders chin was tested in this fight?

First off let me start by saying congratulations to Wilder on a great win. I did not think he would win but I was certainly rooting for him.

With that being said, I'm reading a lot of comments about how he's answered questions about his chin, and he has a solid chin, this and that.

First, Stiverne was not landing very many flush shots. Let me rephrase that, he wasn't landing many punches AT ALL.

The times he did catch Wilder, he was buckling and staggering all over the place.

I know Stiverne is a big puncher and this is the HW division where anyone can be KOd but I still think there's major question marks about his chin.

Thoughts???

He proved tonight that his chin isn't glass, that's a good start lol. We might find out more about his punch resistance when he fights someone who will actually land a consistent amount of sharp and heavy punches. Stiverne's punches were rarely ever sharp and barely had any snap on them the entire fight. That comes down to fatigue and the height/reach difference.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 01-18-2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

I do agree he was a bit shaky when caught with some punches, but I do think his chin is strong enough to be a good HW. I was more impressed by his defense at times, even though Bermane was slow.

Comment

He got hit with a few bombs seek, and took them. Wilder proved alot of the naysayers wrong who brought up his amatuer career and being knocked down by a fat ass. Let's. Give Wilder some credit homie.

Comment

It isn't glass. he isn't david price.

I still don't think he has great chin. Time will tell..

Comment

Originally posted by prince of pot View Post
            He got hit with a few bombs seek, and took them. Wilder proved alot of the naysayers wrong who brought up his amatuer career and being knocked down by a fat ass. Let's. Give Wilder some credit homie.
            I do give him credit man, I'm just a little skeptical about that chin. I said it was a great win. Great performance. I'm happy for him and his daughter was a touching back story. I was rooting for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
              It isn't glass. he isn't david price.

I still don't think he has great chin. Time will tell..
              That's where I stand, pretty much.

Comment

He looked a lot like Vitali.

When you're that tall the angle at which you must throw your punch does not allow you to land it with much power, it is also extremely hard to reach.

Wilder has very quick reflexes, his waist movement, that lean back is the same thing Vitali does. Wilder took some strong shots, but it's just so hard to land on a guy that height with his reflexes.

Comment

My thoughts are that Chris Arreola fought a dumb fight and got hit way too much.

Wilder saw that Stiverne was taking his shots and decided to fight smart and keep his distance.

Watch the replays and you will see that Wilder got staggered a few times, but he put his guard up, smothered Stiverne, and allowed himself to recover.

Wilder proved he has a good chin, but Stiverne's chin is unbelievable!

Stiverne's offense needs a lot of work, but big credit to him for taking Wilder the distance for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                    I do give him credit man, I'm just a little skeptical about that chin. I said it was a great win. Great performance. I'm happy for him and his daughter was a touching back story. I was rooting for him.
                    Alrite homie thats good, what do you think is next for Wilder? Wilder vs Jennings on NBC maybe?

Comment

Working...
                    X