Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael thinks Vitali Klitschko beats the heavyweight greats of the past. (link)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$
    I think Wlad would be a poor mans ken Norton. Smaller guys with limited skills he could outbox but anybody will bricks in their hand would take his head off. Tyson, Foreman, Lewis. I would love to see if he could take on Lyle and Ernie Shavers because they could crack. Lyle cracked foreman. Those shots could put Wlad out. I think Ali would be too slick. Fraizer outworks him.

Vital fairs a better chance because his chin and has solid skills. Him and Lyle is a pick em. Vital vs Foreman would be a sick war like Lyle-Foreman. Except George probably doesn't go down but Vital would be harder to put down and away but Vital is scrappy. But I think Foreman either stops him later or knockdowns win a decision. He'd be difficult for Tyson to put away too that'd be interesting. Prime Evander outworks and out points him. Probably Fraizer too outworks him. Ali and Holmes outpoint him too. Him vs Norton would be cool. Norton is very underrated gave Ali fits.

I don't think it happened all the time but I think they can attribute some of their success to protecting each other as Vital took out the big slow punchers generally and Vital handled the limited boxers. Dan is generally an idiot but I do think Vital is tougher then some think I don't think he's a ATG champion but definitely a contender if somewhat fringe at that. He would bring some wars.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    I meant wlad took out limited boxers

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Head to head Vits matches up well and has a fair shot with anyone. Historically his career isn't close to on par with the greats.
      JAB, u mah nicka n all. But what exactly are we basing this on?

His victories over the vaunted Herbie Hide & Sam Peter? Or maybe it was his win over Tomasz "Chad Dawson leftovers" Adamek? Oh i know! Maybe it was his dominating performance over a fat 40 year old golfer who was only had 3 rds of fight in him before his gastank E. That's it!

This is Vitali's resume in a nutshell. And it's not the body of work of a boxer that deserves to mentioned among ATG's.

He got outboxed and stopped by CHRIS BYRD for christsake.

For context purposes, Chris Byrd couldn't even outbox Fres Oqendo & Andrew Golota.

Vitali is a CONTENDER level boxer, nothing more, nothing less.

Compare him to the "great" top contender level boxers from past era's, The Terrible Tim Witherspoon's, The Eddie Machen's, The Ernie Terrell's etc. NOT ATG champs, because that, he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtThouFurious? View Post
        JAB, u mah nicka n all. But what exactly are we basing this on?

His victories over the vaunted Herbie Hide & Sam Peter? Or maybe it was his win over Tomasz "Chad Dawson leftovers" Adamek? Oh i know! Maybe it was his dominating performance over a fat 40 year old golfer who was only had 3 rds of fight in him before his gastank E. That's it!

This is Vitali's resume in a nutshell. And it's not the body of work of a boxer that deserves to mentioned among ATG's.

He got outboxed and stopped by CHRIS BYRD for christsake.

For context purposes, Chris Byrd couldn't even outbox Fres Oqendo & Andrew Golota.

Vitali is a CONTENDER level boxer, nothing more, nothing less.

Compare him to the "great" top contender level boxers from past era's, The Terrible Tim Witherspoon's, The Eddie Machen's, The Ernie Terrell's etc. NOT ATG champs, because that, he isn't.
        Yep, winning entire fight is getting outboxed congratulations for you.

And at least Klitschkos beat all top contenders of their era. It's not their fault most of them were ****. Mike Tyson for example was beat by the best guys of his era (Lewis, Holy) and got KTFO by potato canes (Douglas). To be honest his resumee is poorest their K2 but he belongs to ATG beacuse he was exiting inside and outside the ring, right?

Comment

I think Wlad would actually have a better chance against past ATGs.
          He is faster, better defense, greater power, better footwork. Don't base you opinion on 2 out of 60 fights Wlad had.

Comment

I had a thread a couple days ago on Wladimir vs. Ali... I was surprised that many posters though Wlad would beat Ali or at least give him stiff competition.

I think Vitali is one of the strongest hw's in history for sure. And he's the more natural fighter of the two Klitschko's.
            Prime Vitali was one mean mofo, folks.

Comment

Your very naive or maybe bitter if you think vitali is not a top level fighter I'm not sayin he wrecks all the atg but I reckon he beats the smaller men Marciano,Dempsey,Louis ........nothing worse when people in any sport exaggerate talents of athletes from the past

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Head to head Vits matches up well and has a fair shot with anyone. Historically his career isn't close to on par with the greats.
                True and that was also what my post implied. As you probably remember, there was a couple of threads in the history section a few years ago, that produced some excellent analysis on the klits.

This is not a thread about resumes, in which Vitali would be found wanting, but about fantasy h2h matchups, and he would IMO only take a couple of losses against the HW champions of the past and those losses would be competitive.

Comment

If dan was agreeing with the fact that he'd give most of the great heavies a problem and might have a chance of beating a few of them then I'd agree. Louis could be hurt and KO'd, Vitali would have a great chance with his power and size. The likes of Marciano, tough, rugged and hard hitting would be just too small. Vitali would be schooled by guys like Ali or Holmes, both big and strong enough to compete. Frazier is a 50/50 fight. Tyson also. I actually think Norton would give him nightmares and Big George beats him in a very good fight.

Comment

Vitali couldn't even beat Pele Reid now he beats the ATG's?

Comment

Originally posted by tonyjones View Post
                      Your very naive or maybe bitter if you think vitali is not a top level fighter I'm not sayin he wrecks all the atg but I reckon he beats the smaller men Marciano,Dempsey,Louis ........nothing worse when people in any sport exaggerate talents of athletes from the past
                      ^ This.
                      The Klitschko's give any great from the past serious trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X