Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a 4 pack of Guinness Draught cans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guinness from a can tastes better then it used to be because they have something called a 'Widget' in each can - It is a small plastic sphere with a small hole in it. The sphere is manufactured so that it will float with the hole just below the surface.

The Guinness is made with some CO2 dissolved in it and is put into the can. The widget is filled with nitrogen and put in the can to float on the top of the Guinness. A small shot of liquid nitrogen is added to the can just before the top is put on and the can sealed.

The liquid nitrogen evaporates to form a gas and pressurizes the can. This forces Guinness, with dissolved CO2, into the sphere and the nitrogen in the sphere maintains a pressure equal to the pressure in the can.

When you open the can, there is a sudden drop in pressure and the nitrogen in the sphere forces the Guinness out through the small hole. The CO2 dissolved in the Guinness being forced out of the hole forms bubbles as it leaves which forms the head. Guinness contains a higher proportion of solids than other beers which accounts for it's long lasting head.

Comment

I don't drink, A.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by r i z i View Post

I just bought 72 cans of Guinness.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
            Guinness from a can tastes better then it used to be because they have something called a 'Widget' in each can - It is a small plastic sphere with a small hole in it. The sphere is manufactured so that it will float with the hole just below the surface.

The Guinness is made with some CO2 dissolved in it and is put into the can. The widget is filled with nitrogen and put in the can to float on the top of the Guinness. A small shot of liquid nitrogen is added to the can just before the top is put on and the can sealed.

The liquid nitrogen evaporates to form a gas and pressurizes the can. This forces Guinness, with dissolved CO2, into the sphere and the nitrogen in the sphere maintains a pressure equal to the pressure in the can.

When you open the can, there is a sudden drop in pressure and the nitrogen in the sphere forces the Guinness out through the small hole. The CO2 dissolved in the Guinness being forced out of the hole forms bubbles as it leaves which forms the head. Guinness contains a higher proportion of solids than other beers which accounts for it's long lasting head.
            thank you for that excerpt

and yeah, i knew it had a widget - says so on the can

mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Clips View Post
              Drink some Stella Artois, the best beer I've had besides Chimay that I get from a co-worker when her and her husband goes to Germany. He's a Pilot so he goes all the time, you can also order it online. It will make you not want any other beer because the high is so good.....kinda like when you've been smoking weed for a long time and then you smoke some dro.
              Man, I hate Stella. Hate.

I'm not too big on Guinness really, although I haven't tried it for ages. Might give it another shot.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Man, I hate Stella. Hate.

I'm not too big on Guinness really, although I haven't tried it for ages. Might give it another shot.
                you need to let your taste buds mature

not tryin to be funny, i'm serious.

get back to me in 4 years

Comment

I shall indeed.

Although, Stella is still ****.

Comment

Sadly, I may have to refrain from drinkin tonite. My old ass needs an alcohol break.

Comment

I think i need the same thing haha.

I used to just drink all hard liquor cause i got it free from work, and would just do shots when I would go out with the occasional beer. But now I haven't really drank any liquor at all and have been drinkin a ****load of beer. And I like a lot of diffrent kinds but to me a lot of **** just tastes alike haha, like I can't decifer between tastes. So I usually just drink whatever specials they got going on at the bar.

It's 5 dollar PBR picthers at this one bar I go to in philly everyday
                      (I don't go there everyday, 5 dollar picthers everyday haha.)

Comment

Working...
                      X