Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Pacino And Gael Garcia Bernal To Star In Roberto Duran Boxing Film?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Pacino And Gael Garcia Bernal To Star In Roberto Duran Boxing Film?

With films like Cinderella Man, Rocky and Raging Bull, we know that if boxing films are done well, they can turn out very very good. With David O. Russell’s The Fighter just around the corner, and gathering some serious Oscar buzz, it’s no secret that boxing films may be the next best thing. The latest boxing film news is about a film about Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran and his ‘No Mas’ boxing match against Sugar Ray Leonard.
    http://wegotthiscovered.com/2010/11/...n-boxing-film/

I doubt Wilfred Benitez makes it into the movie LOL

Comment

Could be this generation's 'Raging Bull'. Could've found someone who looks more like Roberto though, but Bernal's a good actor so it should work.

Comment

They just confirmed that Gael Garcia will be Roberto Duran

And Pacino is in advanced talks to be Duran Trainer Ray Arcel

Garcia has the looks to portray Robert Duran lightweight days and he can go up in weight for the middleweigth fights

I can wait for this movie!

Comment

Would LOVE a Roberto Duran film, honestly though I hope the film is not just focused on his fights with Leonard (which it most likely will be) as that's what most people only know him for, would be good to show people all the other great things he did early and late in his career.

Comment

Definitely would watch this film. My two favorite actors on the same screen ob my favorite sport. Make it already

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Would LOVE a Roberto Duran film, honestly though I hope the film is not just focused on his fights with Leonard (which it most likely will be) as that's what most people only know him for, would be good to show people all the other great things he did early and late in his career.
              I believe they will show his origins, fall and rebirth in the higher weights, because i don't think they will just concentrate in those 2 fights, it will just be "Roberto Duran vs Sugar Ray The Movie" if they do that·

Comment

Gael Garcia is a damn good actor. Y Tu Mama Tambien, Amores Perros, Motorcycle Diaries? This should be good.

Comment

Sounds like it will have a big budget with great actors. I hope it happens.

Comment

Pacquiao could be a great Roberto Duran too hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X