Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best method to lose weight but not muscle???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    That was a rhetorical question.
    Yeah but he was talking about density obviously. Muscle is more dense then fat so if you have 2 people with the same dimensions the one that has a lower bf% is going to weigh more.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
      Yeah but he was talking about density obviously. Muscle is more dense then fat so if you have 2 people with the same dimensions the one that has a lower bf% is going to weigh more.
      Obviously.

But thats not what he said.

Comment

Lift while you cut.

Comment

Well, you're 5'7 and you're over 200lbs. You obviously need to continue the cut. I'm 5'11, was 196lbs when I decided that I needed to start cutting.

Quick way to cut:

- Lower your calories
          - Do plenty of cardio
          - Use the sauna

This way you will lose some muscle but you'll drop weight fast.

The slower but best way to lose weight:

- Find out what you maintenance is in terms of caloric intake and lower it, so if you're on 2000 cals go to about 1800.
          - Drink plenty of water, increase your protein intake (protein shakes, chicken breasts, fish, vegetables, cut some of your salt/dairy/oil intake), grill/steam/bake your food as much as you can instead of frying.
          - Lower the amount of carbs you consume, if you have to have something carby try and get a wholemeal/brown alternative. It will keep you full for longer and has more nutritional value usually.
          - Do some cardio, you don't have to do much but doing cardio is great for the body and helps you shed fat too. ALSO, when doing cardio try and utilise HIT method (e.g. 30 second burst, 30sec brisk walk, 30 sec run, 30 sec brisk walk) rather than running for longer at one speed.

Main thing is your diet, every thing else is secondary. You still have to train so your body breaks muscle down and grows but as they say, abs are made in the kitchen.

You're likely to be weaker because you either cut weight too quickly or trained in a way which didn't increase your strength (no compounds, didn't incorporate progressive overloading etc etc).

I've cut 3 times, first time I just did mainly a **** load of cardio and core exercises, second time I did it the proper way and third time I just wanted to shed as much weight as I could whilst still being able to get junk food in, so did a **** load of cardio, a little of weights and controlled my calories whilst still having food of **** nutritional value.

My body was at its best when I did the proper method, I was at my strongest, leanest and at my most aesthetically pleasing point. I would say at this point, i'm working quite a bit so don't have enough time/energy to dedicate myself to the gym (2/3 times a week I go at most, weekends usually) but I do feel strong and comfortably stronger than I did a year ago. I'm 25, and i'm going to start training properly again pretty soon, my diet is my main issue atm.

Comment

Furious masturbation.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
              In the past 2 months I've lost 32 pounds from 240 to 208 but I feel completely different, light as a feather but less stronger than I was in the past. My height is 5'7.

Fitness gurus...I require your assistance .
              I know the secrets of cuts & power. Call me KutKreator.

Pound poon all the time, calestenetics, burpees, and high protien, low carb diet. All carbs from veggies.

Never eat past 7 pm. Wake up with the sun, and sleep with the sun. Look it up player. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I know the secrets of cuts & power. Call me KutKreator.

Pound poon all the time, calestenetics, burpees, and high protien, low carb diet. All carbs from veggies.

Never eat past 7 pm. Wake up with the sun, and sleep with the sun. Look it up player. Look it up.
                Easier said than done. Everyone's schedule is different, we're not all farmers anymore. If you go to bed at 1 am would you really not eat for 6 hours before bed? The better advice is to not eat a few hours before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Easier said than done. Everyone's schedule is different, we're not all farmers anymore. If you go to bed at 1 am would you really not eat for 6 hours before bed? The better advice is to not eat a few hours before bed.
                  It's probably better to eat right before bed, carbs specifically, as long as you don't go over your maintenance calories for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
                    In the past 2 months I've lost 32 pounds from 240 to 208 but I feel completely different, light as a feather but less stronger than I was in the past. My height is 5'7.

Fitness gurus...I require your assistance .
                    High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for 10-15 minutes before you work out and cycle in the occasional cardio day. Adjust your macros to mostly protein and fat.

What's your goal?

Comment

5'7 and almost 250? You were FAT AF, bruh, no offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X