Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Maidana is avoding a broner rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana does have better options out there at 147 or from 140's willing to move up. Also lets remember the first fight was more enticing to Maidana for a few reasons.

1. Broner was a 147 title holder. 2. He was undefeated and had a lot of hype attached to him. This fight would presumably be for no titles, so no incentive there, and since Maidana already handed Broner his first L, that aura of invincibility is gone.

Yes, Broner did grant Maidana the opportunity to fight him the first time around, but lets not pretend that Broner thought it was going to be a tough night. He expected to Maidana to be just a stepping stone and a decent name on his resume, but he got more than he asked for.

Would still love to see a rematch because the first fight was good, but I understand if Maidana wants to seek better options. I also feel that Maidana knows that the Broner fight is always going to be there for him, as Broner feels he has to rectify his first professional loss, so theres no hurry for him.

Comment

Broner got to that fight in the first place by being a hype job with a personality appealing to teenage ****s.

I imagine the same logic applies to why he deserves a rematch when it was an obvious decisive beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Broner hasn't corrected some of his flaws, he ain't beating Maidana in a rematch.
        He's looked even worse since.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
          The facts are Broner gave Maidana a title shot. Maidana won by decision. Coming into the fight Broner was the Champion and the attraction.

So why would Broner have to earn a rematch?

Secondly, since that fight Broner is 1-0. Maidana is 0-2.

Again... why would the ex-champ....wait...nvm...I'm looking for a logical answer from a NSB Troll by the name of JR GONG.

My bad.
          You don't get a rematch when you barely win a single round. Moron logic, Broner deserves a rematch, but Matthyse doesn't against Garcia.

Comment

Why should he give Broner, who hasn't done ****, a rematch? Let Broner beat Keith Thurman, then he'll get a rematch with Chino. Chino is doing his own thing; Broner can't call any shots... he's a ****ing bum.

Comment

Working...
            X