Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COMMENTS THREAD FOR: Bob Arum's Stadium in Las Vegas: Plans Underway?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

30,000 isn't a lot for the highest grossing fight of all time.

I mean, German cards routinely sell out 60,000+ football stadiums.

Carl Froch v George Groves sold out 90,000 at Wembley.

Have a bit of ambition.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
        30,000 isn't a lot for the highest grossing fight of all time.

I mean, German cards routinely sell out 60,000+ football stadiums.

Carl Froch v George Groves sold out 90,000 at Wembley.

Have a bit of ambition.
        The prices for tickets will be pretty vastly different

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
          Didn't Arum just get into a big feud with MGM?
          Yes.

But the guys who run MGM and guys like Bob Arum are mature enough to set their feuds aside and willing to cooperate when they can make a ton of money together.

It's that quality to set aside your personal feelings and butt hurts that Floyd lacks and is preventing him from growing into a true business man.

Comment

I am laughing at ya'll making all these threads believing this **** is about to happen..let me tell you exactly the fights that are next

Manny-Vargas

Floyd-Khan

Then both will still mention the other trying to sell the **** sandwich they made for us

Comment

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
              Didn't Arum just get into a big feud with MGM?
              Money heals all wounds. Plus, Arum could easily fund the Stadium himself and keep all the profits (which was his plan from the jump). He also mentioned Steve Wynn, an MGM rival, as a possible partner.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                Money heals all wounds. Plus, Arum could easily fund the Stadium himself and keep all the profits (which was his plan from the jump). He also mentioned Steve Wynn, an MGM rival, as a possible partner.
                This is the problem the B side trying to run the show.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  I am laughing at ya'll making all these threads believing this **** is about to happen..let me tell you exactly the fights that are next

Manny-Vargas

Floyd-Khan

Then both will still mention the other trying to sell the **** sandwich they made for us
                  Maybe, but you'll notice that Pacquiao and his people are still on the offensive, calling out Floyd AFTER the Algieri fight. They didn't pull a Floyd on this one.

This is the problem the B side trying to run the show.
                  Someone has to do it. The 'A side' has done nothing to even make the show a reality.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post

Manny-Vargas

Floyd-Khan

You could be right. The fight hasn't happened before so why should it happen now?

However, I think an Oil Tycoon and Natural Resource Prospector like Jerry Jones might have a just a little bit more credibility on the subject than a few of the posters here and maybe he has better things to do than feign false interest in offering his stadium as the fight venue.

That being said, it is ok to take this round of talks seriously because of the caliber of Investors expressing interest in hosting the fight. Or wait... maybe Jerry Jones is just using Mayweather's name to sell some NFL tickets...

Comment

Look, I would love to see something like this happen but what is Arum talking about, seriously. This place could have been built 5 times already but here he is talking about **** without any new info on what sorts of bureaucratic hoops would have to be maneuvered, what permits had been attained, blueprints, who the contractors would be. Anything! Anyone of us could dream this stuff up.

The reality: The MGM is already currently constructing a new arena on the Strip, but it's not 30k and won't be done until 2016.

Comment

Working...
                      X