Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cannot wait until Canelo slaughters the annoying hypejob that is Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we have seen a pattern where some people alway seems to accuse a fighter of being "Scared" or "running", funny enough the more popular or well known fighter is the one that get those accusations thrown at them.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdBlooded View Post
      Both Lara and Alvarez have succeeded in making the other look bad through proxy fights. Lara beat Trout far more easily than did Alvarez. Alvarez, however, beat Angulo far more easily than did Lara. So Lara did better against the boxer and Alvarez against the pressure fighter. Could be a very interesting fight. I hope it gets made.
      Lara is simply not as good as his fans think. Angulo fights like he is underwater in every fight he is in, he is just that slow, fact is Canelo made him look even slower because Canelo is a lot faster than Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCaneloAlvarez View Post
        Lara is simply not as good as his fans think. Angulo fights like he is underwater in every fight he is in, he is just that slow, fact is Canelo made him look even slower because Canelo is a lot faster than Lara.
        Lara's problem is he can't fight on the inside and runs too much. Running as much as Lara does burns a lot of energy and doesn't damage the opponent. Alvarez resisted Angulo, as opposed to running from him.

Comment

lmao I'm watching the fight between Lara and Angulo right now what a BUM. Slow as hell.

Comment

Ah, I see NSB is using triangle theories. Thats always a good way to compare matchups.

Comment

Canelo needs a year to improve his conditioning I'd say, until he turns into that solid 12rd fighter that can throw alot of punches he wont beat Lara, however that size advantage...

Canelo using the same gameplan as Angulo did use on Lara would be devastating IF Canelo has the stamina that is but Lara isn't no slouch.

Comment

I disagree with the idea that Canelo will have a time with Lara for the following reasons:

1 - The Angulo fight demonstrated and put on display the ideal opponent for Canelo. An opponent who doesn't mind catching quite a few headshots in order to give a few back. And more importantly, an opponent that isn't mobile. If Lara was a come forward standard brawler, then yes, Canelo will make easy work of him.

2 - Lara will force Canelo to move and box his way to a victory, which makes the fight a lot more difficult because Canelo is primarily a flat-footed fighter. And Canelo's power is diminished whenever he has to constantly reset.

3 - Floyd gave everyone the blueprint (if there is such a thing!) on how to beat Canelo. You must move to keep him on his toes and you must give Canelo constant angles. As long as Canelo cannot set down on his punches, it takes his main weapon away (His power punches).

I would go out on a limb and predict that Lara gives Canelo his best test. And may have him in trouble during the fight, because Lara can bang. If Canelo starts to get frustrated because Lara is moving and tagging him, then I would definitely lean towards Lara for the win (outside of Texas, of course)

Canelo, seems to have the mindset, that his opponents should stand in front of him and take a beating -- When they don't, he's out of his element.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Canelo needs a year to improve his conditioning I'd say, until he turns into that solid 12rd fighter that can throw alot of punches he wont beat Lara, however that size advantage...

Canelo using the same gameplan as Angulo did use on Lara would be devastating IF Canelo has the stamina that is but Lara isn't no slouch.
                  Let's not forget that even a little foot movement really burns Alvarez's stamina. We saw that against Trout. I wonder how Alvarez would take Lara's punch and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCaneloAlvarez View Post
                    Angulo vs Lara shows what a bum Lara is, Angulo was the same fighter against Canelo but Canelo just showed how much faster and stronger he is than Lara Croft
                    He clearly wasn't for whatever reason but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      He clearly wasn't for whatever reason but it is what it is.
                      That's your opinion. Angulo looked the same to me, slow as hell. But it's just that Canelo is faster than people want to believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X