Collapse
No announcement yet.

My nephew needs a good job, thoughts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my CDL in NY and here all you need to do is pass a written test. But that's to drive the basic truck under 28,000 pounds I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Couple Questions

Why are you making life decisions for him?

Also, why did he go to college if he isn't lookig for a job in the field he studied, basically wasting years of his live and money?

A "good job" is something that you want to do and be able to make a living off. What you're asking for is "what's the easiest way for him to make money", and IMO that's what's wrong with so many people. Just chasing money
      im not making life decisions for him he's my nephew yet no one else in the larger family seems to be concerned for him? about a year ago his mom had a major health scare and she was in the hospital for about 3 weeks. since she babys the F out of him he was completely shook and didnt know what to do.

his mom got better and she's almost back to normal but her health is still declining over all and the problem is she spoils him to the point where if she just died suddenly he'd be totally F'd he's never lived alone outside of her house. hes never paid bills, or rent, etc.

yes its his mom and his own fault but id rather he get his **** together now then when its too late. he should have never majored in sports journalism since thats not a realistic field for him to get a decent paying career in.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        i agree 100%

Now in days nobody wants to work hard to make a living everybody wants to make the big money right away

lazy people don't know the true meaning of labor

at the age of 23 i made enough money to support a daughter, pay all my bills and save money to purchase a home (which took 7 years but i did it)

well said Russo
        trust me bro i know exactly what u talking about ive worked in lot of different industries and worked my ass off to get to where i am now, but the truth of the matter is this 23yr old kid does not have that same work ethic.

so realistically i was thinking may he could go to the police force and get his ass knocked into check and get into shape and motivated and make a decent living out of it while he's still on the younger side.

thats awesome that u worked your ass off to get to where you are bro respect and props i worked like a beast from about age 24 to now im in my mid 30's and im finally starting to slow down and work like a more reasonable schedule. if u remember i was not even on boxingscene for like a good 2 + years cuz i was in such a beast mode work mode for those years.

the bottom line is i want him to be independent from his mom since his mom might not be here too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by TredKiller View Post
          getting in shape is a gym membership away, anybody can get in decent shape in about 2 months with a 4x a week gym sesh, especially a 23yr old.

but on the CDL time.... it depends on the program, ive seen people get it in as little as 3 weeks, and others it takes months, either way its rather quick.

and once again the ammount of money he'll make will depend on who or where he drives for, but they get paid decent enough, enough for a 1 bedroom anyway.

police academy isn't a bad idea either.

i was just nameing some "quick fix" type of things.
          ha this guys not gonna get in shape unless a drill sergeant or a police academy instructor will tear his ass a new one. he's lazy as F. i even offered to train him like 3 times and each time he p*sses out last minute due to laziness or fear.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            im not making life decisions for him he's my nephew yet no one else in the larger family seems to be concerned for him? about a year ago his mom had a major health scare and she was in the hospital for about 3 weeks. since she babys the F out of him he was completely shook and didnt know what to do.

his mom got better and she's almost back to normal but her health is still declining over all and the problem is she spoils him to the point where if she just died suddenly he'd be totally F'd he's never lived alone outside of her house. hes never paid bills, or rent, etc.

yes its his mom and his own fault but id rather he get his **** together now then when its too late. he should have never majored in sports journalism since thats not a realistic field for him to get a decent paying career in.
            Story of my life, my mom babied the **** outta me and up to a year ago i was the same way. He needs to have pressure put on him, like getting kicked out or paying bills. Its all about ambition, he wont do anything unless he tries himself

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
              trust me bro i know exactly what u talking about ive worked in lot of different industries and worked my ass off to get to where i am now, but the truth of the matter is this 23yr old kid does not have that same work ethic.

so realistically i was thinking may he could go to the police force and get his ass knocked into check and get into shape and motivated and make a decent living out of it while he's still on the younger side.

thats awesome that u worked your ass off to get to where you are bro respect and props i worked like a beast from about age 24 to now im in my mid 30's and im finally starting to slow down and work like a more reasonable schedule. if u remember i was not even on boxingscene for like a good 2 + years cuz i was in such a beast mode work mode for those years.

the bottom line is i want him to be independent from his mom since his mom might not be here too much longer.
              that's pretty cool you trying to help him out but he will never be responsible if everybody is always doing things for him you need to knock some sense into him, he's not getting any younger before he knows it he'll be in his thirties at home with no future (sorry to hear his mom is sick)
              Last edited by -jose-; 05-10-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Story of my life, my mom babied the **** outta me and up to a year ago i was the same way. He needs to have pressure put on him, like getting kicked out or paying bills. Its all about ambition, he wont do anything unless he tries himself
                Green K bro for getting yo ish together and becoming independent.

i feel u i even have long talks with his mom and to me she agrees but im sure to him she still babies him and maybe even to the point that she doesnt want him to leave cause she'll be all alone and lonely? but if she passes soon which she almost did a year ago, then he's totally screwed.

i agree about the pressure thats why i prefer he go to the military but i dont think he'll pass boot camp cause he's such a lazy fat bastard.

id assume he could pass an police academy tho? im assuming its easier for him than joining the military?

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  that's pretty cool you trying to help him out but he will never be responsible if everybody is always doing things for him you need to knock some sense into him, he's not getting any younger before he knows it he'll be in his thirties at home with no future (sorry to hear his mom is sick)
                  right but thats the whole point bro i want him to go into like the police academy that way he changes his lifestyle and mentality and realizes hey im a cop now and then he'd make a decent living with benefits and he wont have to depend on his mom.

like u said soon he'll be in his 30's and still at home so thats why im trying to get him to man up now before its too late and HELL NO do i want him thinking he can crash with me if he moms passes so he MUST get his ish together now!

Comment

man im 23 too, and im also studiying journalism but i still have 2 years left to finish.
                    im kind of worried because the work field of my profession is really scarce, ive talked to some people and the first couple months they didnt get paid at all working there, and right now they do but they earn peanuts but thats cuz they dont work 9 to 5 which is cool. but id rather not worry about it and im sure everything will magically work out in the end

anyway what is your nephew good at? its one thing being big and another being cut for physical work. i doubt he can graduate form police academy if he's not fully commited to it.
                    you should sit down with him to talk and evaluate his best option, cuz if he's not fully commited to the path he will take he will probably just half ass it and fail.

If he's good at studying he can always dedicate himself to academia, you know keep studiying getting a master's degree while being on scholarships then teach classes himself etc.. that what my parents do for a living

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                      man im 23 too, and im also studiying journalism but i still have 2 years left to finish.
                      im kind of worried because the work field of my profession is really scarce, ive talked to some people and the first couple months they didnt get paid at all working there, and right now they do but they earn peanuts but thats cuz they dont work 9 to 5 which is cool. but id rather not worry about it and im sure everything will magically work out in the end

anyway what is your nephew good at? its one thing being big and another being cut for physical work. i doubt he can graduate form police academy if he's not fully commited to it.
                      you should sit down with him to talk and evaluate his best option, cuz if he's not fully commited to the path he will take he will probably just half ass it and fail.

If he's good at studying he can always dedicate himself to academia, you know keep studiying getting a master's degree while being on scholarships then teach classes himself etc.. that what my parents do for a living
                      Green K bro.

im not discouraging your choice of major and not sure where u live i live in LA and we all know its the entertainment capital of the world and sports pretty much falls under that as well. probably us and NY but again its all about who you know you can be the greatest journalist, sports caster, etc but if you dont have some major contacts and pull then you'll be interning and getting paid peanuts like u said.

you are right about my nephews size and physical ability but hes gonna need a major wake up call/punking/motivation but i think he should use his size for something to his advantage **** even being a bouncer in an upscale club might be better than anything for him?

to answer your question im not sure what he excels at? he's worked in retail and at restaurant but thats pretty much only on his breaks from school. but nothing full time like for a complete year or two.

i dont mean to disrespect those who are cops but i went to school with some fat guys who ended up being cops so i assumed since they were fat and able to pass the academy then he probably could too?

thats great that your parents have masters degrees and teach for a living i know these days its much harder for younger professors to make good money careers from that. i know if you make tenure then you are pretty much golden.

but back to academics hes kinda lazy and doesnt study hard so i think getting a masters for him would not be a option.

Comment

Working...
                      X