Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reason why Pacquiao was ahead on the scorecards.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
    Wrong! Richardson and even JMM himself said he went into the fight looking to land that one punch. And that he did, he came in to the fight looking for a knockout, not taking his chances on the scorecards.

He could have easily made Pacquiao look ******ed like in the first 3 fights, but this time he had other intentions...out boxing Pacquiao was not in his mind this time. Pacquiao has always had all the advantages over JMM, well every fight after the first. Pacquiao is scared to fight JMM on even terms!
    :AOR: Thats the dumbest thing ive heard yet. You believe...JMM is gonna chance losing Deciifly on the card...with the hopes that he can lad that one punch? heheheeeeeee thats ****ing hilarious. I may buy that if JMM was KO artist and had a great chin..but hes not and dont. Manny has put JMM on the mat 5 times. WTF would JMM let Manny tee off on him during the entire fight with the hopes of landing a shot. Thats just plain dumb! You may wanna check the water where you live...something is off with you! JMM is to smart of a fighter to be that stupid. He may have been looking for the one shot after knowing he cant pull the trigger in there with Manny and was gettng beat....Id buy that, And is what i feel he did! But to have a game plan to lose every round with head hunting one shot...is ******ed in a mega fight!

Comment

when someone gets put to sleep....who gives a damn about the scorecards?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
        when someone gets put to sleep....who gives a damn about the scorecards?
        some think it was a lucky punch.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          I said Marquez would have been ahead in the fight had Pacquiao stood up and I'm not lying. The score cards at the time were 47-46 in Pacquiao favour, supposing Pacquiao staggered to his feet the score cards would have read 56-55 in favour of Marquez but that didn't happen because Pacquiao stayed down.

Pacquiao had Marquez hanging on for dear life and struggling in the 6th? Your point, it was the result of catching Marquez with a hurtful punch. What we have right now is Marquez being penalised for brutally knocking Pacquiao out because he too caught Pacquiao with a hurtful punch yet the knockout is being held against him.

It's stupid.
          My apologies then...I misunderstood your point. Now that i see where you come from, i agree.
          If Manny would have stood up and been saved by the bell...we would have had a war....... if He survived.

Comment

Originally posted by figzuki View Post
            some think it was a lucky punch.
            lol.................he was practicing that punch in training camp

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
              lol.................he was practicing that punch in training camp
              yup. war romanza

Comment

i elaborated so much in editing my last post, i figured i'd delete it and re-post. didn't want my statement to be miscontrued, so i added some substance.

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                JMM actually fought the same style he always fought Manny, which is trade when Manny trades but always backing up and not going forward, after the first knock down he backed off a bit and didn't attack MAnny to finish him off so how can you say he fought pacquiaos style which is being more aggressive?
                it's not so much about coming forward constantly or being ultra-aggressive.

something i observed from comparing fights II and IV is that Marquez was staying much closer to Pacquiao (even while still backing up) in the fourth fight. he'd shortened the distance he usually keeps Pacquiao at.

in those earlier fights, Marquez would typically look to respond immediately when Pacquiao would tag him with a left, to try to push Pacquiao back while he was off-balance (as he often would be after launching an assault). but check 1:18 remaining on HBO's clock in round 2 of fight IV, Pacquiao smashes a hard left hand into Marquez' face at that moment and for an instant or two he backs away, as if expecting a rally from JMM - Marquez instead maintains that same distance (closer to the jaws of the lion than he had once generally preferred to keep) and waits for Pacquiao to come back in. it's pretty obvious to me that he was looking to stay closer than he has in the past, to be positioned for maximum capitalization on any openings Pacquiao gave him.

when the heat was turned up in the 5th and JMM was shook by the right hook, he gave ground for some seconds to try and steady his legs as Pacquiao came on, and then for that hellacious final thirty seconds of the round we saw Marquez standing right in the mouth of the cannon and trying to capitalize on Pacquiao's commitment, allowing the situation to prolong, where once he would've looked to curtail such volatile spells and keep the action under control.

this was a strategic game of bait-and-wait on JMM's part. the strategy got him hit more (he was more often in range for Pacquiao's punches), but he fought that way with belief in two things, firstly that Pacquiao would over-commit and secondly that his punching power could hurt and end Manny when he did over-commit.
                Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-02-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Well considering Pac won 3 fights against JMM why does a thread need to be made about why Pac was ahead on the scorecards in the fourth fight, why was he ahead in the other 3 fights as well then.?

The judges think Pac is a better fighter thats why.
                  well funny thing is in the 4 fights Jmm has won more rounds then Manny

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Pacquiao was ahead on the score cards because he couldn't beat the 10 count. If he made it out of the sixth round conscious he would have been down on the score cards.
                    lol,true.............

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      My apologies then...I misunderstood your point. Now that i see where you come from, i agree.
                      If Manny would have stood up and been saved by the bell...we would have had a war....... if He survived.
                      part of me wishes Manny had gotten up. meaning, that he'd just been dropped hard and gotten to his feet on the corner of Queer St., but with a minute to recover as best he could. the fight that would have ensued from round 7 on would have been berserk for however long it lasted.

i realize that may sound a little sadistic and selfish, being that it would have placed two men at risk of sustaining more damage - but what we would've been treated to in those ensuing rounds would have been incredible, i've no doubt.

the other part of me is glad Manny stayed down. for both fellows' sakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X