What is hurting boxing are these School boy looking non scary boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heihaci View Post
    cherry picking is hurting boxing
    not really, Tyson had the bum of the month club and cherry picked so many fights and fought cans and people didn't care, people just want to see scraps and animosity they want that aspect of a fight they want to get hyped up.

MMA people rarely care about the match making, they pay for any UFC fight as long as its action packed it could be a scrub who trained jiu jitsu for 1 year versus their best guy they will watch it because it will most likely be action packed with a ko or submission and both guys will not be giggling like school boys, the only friendly MMA star I know is GSP, the rest don't play games man, Boxing needs to man up, these boys need to grow up and become men not mama boys.

The worst thing is they showed Golovkin talking to his mama on the phone! wtf man why did HBO do this? The guy was getting scolded by his mom and it made him look extra soft and non intimidating.

Comment

Then they get suspended, plus these pussy ass posters would complain about them too.

I loved the whole confrontation between Haye-Chisora minus the glassing, Hopkins snuffing Winky, Mayweather choking Ortiz, Mayorga trash talking, Tarver hyping himself up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Tarver hyping himself up.
        Tarver (a favourite of mine) was a great talker. i was rewatching his bout with Clinton Woods the other day, the post-fight interview for that is a classic.

Comment

MMA also has the DIAZ brothers, those guys love to scrap and they really come from the streets, boxing used to have guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            not really, Tyson had the bum of the month club and cherry picked so many fights and fought cans and people didn't care, people just want to see scraps and animosity they want that aspect of a fight they want to get hyped up.

MMA people rarely care about the match making, they pay for any UFC fight as long as its action packed it could be a scrub who trained jiu jitsu for 1 year versus their best guy they will watch it because it will most likely be action packed with a ko or submission and both guys will not be giggling like school boys, the only friendly MMA star I know is GSP, the rest don't play games man, Boxing needs to man up, these boys need to grow up and become men not mama boys.

The worst thing is they showed Golovkin talking to his mama on the phone! wtf man why did HBO do this? The guy was getting scolded by his mom and it made him look extra soft and non intimidating.
            UFC is a brand thats why people watch most cards but boxing doesn't have a brand so fans watch mostly depending on wich fighter they like.Most mma fighters are friendly like gsp and can controle themself because mma comes from martial arts so you have that culture of respect and also most of mma guys have college degrease and have competed in wrestling so thats that.
            In mma the rivalry are more realistic because the best fight the best and it's very rare because fighters usualy respect each other because if you win you would get a title shot but in boxing is usual to act like a though guy and trash talk because if you don't you won't get a title shot.

Comment

MMA is full of dullards, some of whom even think flipping the bird makes them badazz. all the best characters are in the sport of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                MMA is full of dullards, some of whom even think flipping the bird makes them badazz. all the best characters are in the sport of boxing.
                Nick Diaz might flip the bird but that guy comes to fight, you can't doubt that dude loves to throw those hands.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                  You most not watch mma if you think that....

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

That part was ridiculously funny! really HBO? A fighter callin their moms?

Boxing is missing characters, but I like authenticity too. I love a good trash-talker, but if that's not a part of your personality or if you don't feel comfortable acting in that manner, then don't do it.

Comment

I don't care what fighters look like. If they talk a lot of ****, I’m normally a fan.

I.E. Prince Nazz didn't look mean and was a little dude but he could talk ****! Huge fan!

Looks don't mean anything if your attitude backs it up.

Comment

Working...
                      X