Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the next best American heavyweight? Seth Mitchell, Amir Mansour, or Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the next best American heavyweight? Seth Mitchell, Amir Mansour, or Wilder

This topic is about who you think the next best American heavyweight boxer will be. We already know Chambers and Thompson are good.

Who do you think? It's tough to pick but I personally like Mitchell and Mansour the most as of right now.

Deontay Wilder is a poor man's Michael Grant.

Seth Mitchell is just another Travis Walker.

Amir who?

All three of them would lose to Arreola, Chambers, Thompson, etc.

Comment

Agree with above.

I wondered why Amir & Wilder was getting so many threads ''American heavyweights'' of course, now it makes sense seeing as the Klitschko's have brutalised just about every other HW America had to offer.

Personally I feel the Wilder & Amir, also Joe Hanks talk should stop & they should fight the likes of Fury, David Price.

They aren't even the best prospects in America as far as I am concerned, I think Tor Hamer would box rings around both & Kelvin Price would flatten the pair of them.

Comment

People talking about Amir Mansour as though he could be the future is plain ****. The dude is at the ass end of his career and is just a puncher. He'll lose. If he hadnt have gone away all those years ago..well, who knows.

Wilder. i like him, but he doesnt look to have improved in any way and he hasnt faced no one yet.

Joe Hanks, Seth Mitchell...meh, IMO.

Comment

THey all suck, really... Chambers and likes are better fighter than they'll ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
            People talking about Amir Mansour as though he could be the future is plain ****. The dude is at the ass end of his career and is just a puncher. He'll lose. If he hadnt have gone away all those years ago..well, who knows.

Wilder. i like him, but he doesnt look to have improved in any way and he hasnt faced no one yet.

Joe Hanks, Seth Mitchell...meh, IMO.
            Vitali is same age and looks like he can go another 10 yrs or so if he felt like it. Not everyone ages the same, plus I'm sure Vitali and Amir both take care of their bodies very well.

Comment

Seth Mitchell looks fairly good for someone with little experince, plus he seems a hard worker and comes in shape. I would have liked to have seen his fight against Mollo but hopefully that will be moved to the 16th of sept.

Comment

Mansour is way too old and Deontay Wilder doesn't impress me much, so I'll go with Mitchell. I think Chambers is better than them, and will hold belt(s) when the Klitschkos retire or vacate some of their titles.

Comment

Mansour is the TRUTH!!!

Comment

guys you're forgetting hammerfist bermaine stiverne !!

he made ray austin look good for a few rounds before knocking him out lol

ahh it's a rough spot, being a HW in america

you got the opportunity to destroy bithces and play football or basketball at a huge school for free
                    maybe move on to a pro league where you're likely to make an exponentially larger amount of money than your average boxer

and if you don't you got a college education at what's likely a very good school because of all the money they are pulling in from their TV deals for their athletics

did i mention pulling all that tail?

yeah the next american HW are the cameron newtons and ndamek n'sues of the world.
                    hell, can you imagine lebron james coming up today in america as a HW
                    "There's this fighter... i don't even know if he's real.... he's 6'9" , 260, without an ounce of fat, and he can run faster than ANYBODY IVE EVER SEEN across a basketball court.... he's 20 years old... His name is Lebron James."
                    can you even imagine that?
                    i know i cant. i can see
                    athletic talent of that size and pedigree is steered toward a big school with a "recruiting process" that would make your head spin
                    starting at about 14 years old

and for you guys who don't know who amir mansour is:

he's an american HW with serious left handed punching power that he sets up pretty well.

he spent close to the last decade in prison
                    and he's getting close to 40

i wouldn't get too excited about him.
                    he's also fought nobody of note outside of dominck guinn (not at all a bad fighter. i saw him knock an undefeated guy out in half a round on the froch taylor undercard)
                    and hay, what do you know
                    the first guy with a pulse he fights goes the distance
                    Last edited by New England; 08-24-2011, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X