No announcement yet.

"Mayweather is indeed coming back"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
    The Berto fight is really unlikely. Mayweather and Berto are both managed/advised by Al Haymon.

Everyone's talking about him fighting Marquez. I didn't think anything of it at first, but I guess that appears to be the most likely option at this point in July of all the names being thrown around. Mosley would definitely be a PPV fight, not a regular HBO fight (and PBF would most likely not fight Mosley as a tune-up after all this time off).
    Maybe Mosley should just take that Berto fight while Mayweather takes JMM. Mosley could pick up the WBC strap and have a little more bargaining leverage in a superfight with PBF.

Comment

Originally posted by kev183 View Post
      Tune Up: Juan Manuel Marquez at a catch weight of 143Lbs would be nice(I actually want to see this fight because i think at 143 they'll both be competitive)

Fall PPV: Wish it was Mosley..but it'll most likely be winner of Pacman/Hatton
      This is what I think as well. I wouldn't call JMM a "tune up" by ANY means, but I think this scenario might occur.

Comment

I will LITERALLY, LITERALLY bet EVERYTHING. All my points, my avatar, my username, my sig, my profile if someone with equal or more points bets ALL their points against mine if Floyd vs Pac is made

Comment

I would be shocked if Floyd fought JMM for a tuneup. His last long layoff he came back and fought Augustus and we all know how that went.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            I would be shocked if Floyd fought JMM for a tuneup. His last long layoff he came back and fought Augustus and we all know how that went.

I think Floyd is just too big for Marquez. Would be competitive given Floyd's layoff, but Marquez has never fought above 135, he's a smaller man.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              This is what I think as well. I wouldn't call JMM a "tune up" by ANY means, but I think this scenario might occur.
              This fight should not be labeled a "tune-up" fight if it happens. Marquez deserves more respect than that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Mayweather's longest layoff to date was from Corley to Bruseles.

Marquez is a top fighter, but smaller. It's somewhat of a risk because of JMM's skills, but not too much I don't think. Especially if it's at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                  I think Floyd is just too big for Marquez. Would be competitive given Floyd's layoff, but Marquez has never fought above 135, he's a smaller man.
                  As a mexican (I presume) you should know Marquez, although will be smaller than Floyd, is literally one of the best boxers on earth right now. He is nowhere near a tuneup for anyone let alone Floyd. I see it being someone who isn't very big but known, noone comes to mind at the moment though.

Comment

Tune Up - JMM ( JMM is no tune up,he is p4p #2 in the world,so how the hell is it a tune up? whatever )

PPV - Pacman

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                      This fight should not be labeled a "tune-up" fight if it happens. Marquez deserves more respect than that.
                      Maybe a catch weight between PBF, and JMM? I don't see JMM going to 147, and I don't see PBF dropping to 140. I mean, stranger things have happened, and if the money's right, who knows.
                      I think that JMM NEEDS a 3rd bout with Manny. **** is unresolved between them. But money talks. Bull**** is catching the bus.

And this is all predicated on Manny beating Hatton, a fight that we do know is going to happen. Everything else, I'm just going to have to wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X