No announcement yet.

Foreman or Shavers, Who hit harder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman or Shavers, Who hit harder?

Holyfield, who's fought Tyson and Lewis, said Foreman was the hardest puncher he's ever fought, while Ali, who's fought both men and Liston, said Shavers hit the hardest.

So, who was the harder puncher between them? I say Foreman, because his power is more proven against better competition.

Shavers defo hit harder foremans a better boxer though and he knocked out more people because he was more skilled

Comment

Shavers for sure...and that just goes to show power isn't everything.

Comment

tie in power forman was the better fighter by far because of other intangible
        skills

Comment

Why not go to a gym, put on the wraps, gloves, shoes, shorts and headgear, then have both guys punch you as hard as they can for about a round and see for yourself?

Comment

Seems like guys with big hands hit hard. Foreman had big hands and punched hard.
            Shavers had a low center of gravity and muscular legs, so he could really heave a left hook, same with Frazier. Tyson was built to hit hard with uppercuts. Holmes could hit hard with a jab because he had long arms and big fist.

I was a heavyweight, and I remember thinking how hard a middleweight named Marlon something hit me one day, and another heavy named Hank Pamplin hit me a ton.
            But I'd still say the middle hit me the hardest.
            When I was in the military i fought in a smoker at Little Creek naval base and got knocked out by a heavy from louisiana, but that was because he hit me on the button about 5 times during the round, and the accumulation of punches got me, it really wasnt a hard shot that knocked me out.

I'd say Foreman hit harder with right hands, and shavers hit harder with hooks.

I was offered a chance to fight Foreman back around 85 when he first started his comeback, but I turned it down because I was having problems with dizziness. I would fall on my face when i bent over to tie my shoes, and the doctor told me not to get hit until the vertigo went away. Took about a year.

Comment

I would have to say Foreman, even though Ali and others have said shavers hit than them hardest. Maybe they didn't know how to get out of the way of his punches like they did with big George.

Another thing that leads me to think this way is the bout shavers had with Jerry Quarry. We all know Jerry was no slouch and was only beaten by the greats like Ali, Norton, and Frazier, but he didn't have a lot of head movement and in that bout he ignored his corners advice to box Shavers. Instead these two went at it in the middle of the ring, teeing off on each other, and it was Shavers who ended up stumbling back against the ropes and getting stopped.

Good subject to debate but I think George had the downhill punch.

Comment

Foreman was stronger, he would bully his opponents into shells and destroy them there or with savage punches like with Roman, but Shavers could just touch the guy and you would see the guy dancing all over the ring.

Comment

Working...
                X