No announcement yet.

Cricketer Phil Hughes critical after being hit by ball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Says the goofball using a nonsensical straw-man earlier. Explain your brilliant comparison with the sport of Boxing again please.
    You are in no position to claim others are using straw man arguments when you just posted this

They are there to crack people's skulls?
    Saying there are there to bowl hard and fast at the batter does not mean i was saying they are there to kill or crack skulls.

Would you prefer a fast bowler bowl slow?
    Do you realise how ridiculous you are sounding here?

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      You are in no position to claim others are using straw man arguments when you just posted this

Saying there are there to bowl hard and fast at the batter does not mean i was saying they are there to kill or crack skulls.

Would you prefer a fast bowler bowl slow?
      Do you realise how ridiculous you are sounding here?
      Your manner of quoting on this forum is terrible which is why you are confusing yourself, it's pretty funny to see you do this to yourself.

Your quoted this part of my post:
      You don't go out there on the Cricket field and expect that you might get your skull cracked because a guy threw the ball at you as hard he could.
      and you responded with this
      Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Fast bowlers are there to do just that, bowl hard and fast at the person batting.
      And you're wondering why I mistook your earlier silly post? Sod off.

Comment

Says the goofball using a nonsensical straw-man earlier. Explain your brilliant comparison with the sport of Boxing again please.
        Why is the comparison stupid?

In boxing you are allowed to punch your opponent in the face, this often causes serious injury and sometimes death.

In American Football you can smash into your opponent causing serious injuries and sometimes death.

Rugby you can smash into your opponents and causes serious injuries and sometimes death.

In cricket you can bowl bouncers causing serious injuries and sometimes death.

Why is it different?

This is a freak occurrence. It's the first death I've heard about in cricket. I'd say change the helmets to protect more of the neck/jaw area and move on.

Comment

Your manner of quoting on this forum is terrible which is why you are confusing yourself, it's pretty funny to see you do this to yourself.

Your quoted this part of my post:

and you responded with this

And you're wondering why I mistook your earlier silly post? Sod off.
          You mistook it because you haven't the foggiest idea how cricket is played, so why you feel you are in a position to lay the blame at the bowler is ******ed.

Comment

BKM, My friend, I once was scouted to play for Lancashire cricket club and let me tell you no bowler (being a bowler myself) intentionally wants to gravely injure someone. It's like baseball if someone threw a 90mph+ ball at your face, not wanting to hurt you but just misjudging his throw in order intimidate the batsman and clocks him and severely hurts or kills him it's the same.

Cricket is a gentlemens sport, it produces some of the nicest most down to earth people.

This here is unfortunately a great dent in the sport and the lives of those who are families and friends to Phil, I cannot understand why people are slating Sean, he must be suicidal right now.

Unless you play the sport don't try and blame somebody because it's a complete different sport to boxing, rugby and whatever else.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
              BKM, My friend, I once was scouted to play for Lancashire cricket club and let me tell you no bowler (being a bowler myself) intentionally wants to gravely injure someone. It's like baseball if someone threw a 90mph+ ball at your face, not wanting to hurt you but just misjudging his throw in order intimidate the batsman and clocks him and severely hurts or kills him it's the same.

Cricket is a gentlemens sport, it produces some of the nicest most down to earth people.

This here is unfortunately a great dent in the sport and the lives of those who are families and friends to Phil, I cannot understand why people are slating Sean, he must be suicidal right now.

Unless you play the sport don't try and blame somebody because it's a complete different sport to boxing, rugby and whatever else.

totally agree here, it was a very unfortunate incident.

Comment

Working...
              X