Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez Jr vs Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez Jr. might be bigger, but he's also weight-draining himself. He better be careful who he steps to in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
      jcc is a cruiser weight and i havnt seen enough of ggg
      JCC is a cruiserweight who got nearly shutout vs Martinez, was getting beatin by Andy Lee, and has looked just OK against alot of other 160ers. I haven't seen enough of Golovkin but to me the size advantage Jr has had hasn't really been that much of an advantage in the past. Doubt it will be against GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        For real?? I mean seriously?? I had no idea. Can you hook me up with any kind of proof that I can sig?? I mean I gotta preach this gospel, ya know?!!
        Didnt Dougie Fischer all but confirm this, and also claimed that Golovkin was hurting Canelo and was holding back! I can't give exact date but was in his his mailbag just before Christmas.. Seckbach also said something about it before..

Canelo sparring was two years ago though!

Comment

I could see this as a Rios Alvarado deal, I think Golovkins body punching would be key!

Golovkin by TKO, don't think that he would outright KO Chavez...

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
            Didnt Dougie Fischer all but confirm this, and also claimed that Golovkin was hurting Canelo and was holding back! I can't give exact date but was in his his mailbag just before Christmas.. Seckbach also said something about it before..

Canelo sparring was two years ago though!
            Yea, I thought this too. I know the word was circulating around here. The word from Fischer also was that GGG was hurting Imoesiri and Coyne (a 6ft tall LHW). I also read reports that when him and Quillin were sparring it was pretty even. GGG was pressuring while Quillin was sticking and moving. They occasionally exchanged but that it was pretty even.

And here's a little report:
            http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/174431-gym-notes-giant-killer-golovkin-looks-ready-for-proksa

Check the size on that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Yea, I thought this too. I know the word was circulating around here. The word from Fischer also was that GGG was hurting Imoesiri and Coyne (a 6ft tall LHW). I also read reports that when him and Quillin were sparring it was pretty even. GGG was pressuring while Quillin was sticking and moving. They occasionally exchanged but that it was pretty even.

And here's a little report:
              http://ring tv.craveonline.com/blog/174431-gym-notes-giant-killer-golovkin-looks-ready-for-proksa

Check the size on that dude.
              yeah i remember people on here saying golovkin embarrassed chavez jr, angulo, and alvarez in sparring. i found this other article from ring mag as well. it's from 2011:

http://r i n g t v .c r a v e o n line.com/blog/167465-gym-notes-alvarez-golovkin-worth-driving-up-a-mountain-to-see-

word is golovkin man handled angulo and chavez jr in sparring too. they talk about it briefly in this article. here's a pic of them together (gennady and saul).

Comment

It's probably a bad thing that GGG has sparred a lot of his potential opponents. If he hits hard in training, they won't wanna deal with him under the spotlight.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  yeah i remember people on here saying golovkin embarrassed chavez jr, angulo, and alvarez in sparring. i found this other article from ring mag as well. it's from 2011:

http://r i n g t v .c r a v e o n line.com/blog/167465-gym-notes-alvarez-golovkin-worth-driving-up-a-mountain-to-see-

word is golovkin man handled angulo and chavez jr in sparring too. they talk about it briefly in this article. here's a pic of them together (gennady and saul).

Yea I read this too. Not surprised tho, it is Angulo after all. However, Chavez Jr is more impressive.

Somewhere in those articles it also said GGG was having a hard time finding sparring partners cause well, we know why. And of course, there's also the rumor (forgot where it came from) that he was hurting HW's or some crap.

Comment

Yea I read this too. Not surprised tho, it is Angulo after all. However, Chavez Jr is more impressive.

Somewhere in those articles it also said GGG was having a hard time finding sparring partners cause well, we know why. And of course, there's also the rumor (forgot where it came from) that he was hurting HW's or some crap.
                    i just checked the link i posted again, there's three pages. the second page is a round by round description of alvarez and golovkin's sparring session. fischer says golovkin hurt alvarez pretty bad in the second round with a hard left hook. yeah, i'll have to look around for those other articles talking about golovkin and HWs. man, i'm so looking forward to seeing what golovkin is going to do against rosado.
                    Last edited by chiguy91; 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I wonder if he tells his HW sparring partners to tee off on him.

Comment

Working...
                      X