No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao signs extension with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    I think that could be all part of the act too, atleast the Floyd part. I think the Ellerbe part was halfway serious because Pac said some things that made Floyd look bad but Pac had no choice really since he's on TV for the JMM fight and people are asking him questions.

They probably are upset that Pac is saying he'll take 45 because it makes it look like he backed Floyd into a corner if Floyd now takes the fight when really it was already agreed upon behind closed doors. I think all the 50 meetings with Koncz & Arum are about the fight and there are more guys involoved also that have had meetings.

However, I wont deny that it may be a lil wishful thinking on my part but Pac resigning and being guaranteed a Floyd fight that even Pac himself isnt dumb enough to know cant be guaranteed means there have been some real talks going on behind scenes. To me its not a conicendence that all this is going on the same time we are hearing all this 50 cent news, etc. I think something is going on

Im so with you bro, we are all being played they are just trying to bring some more drama to grab more casual fans with the 50/floyd drama... these guys have been playing us all for the last 3 years using each other to build up their BS fights

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      smoke screen
      50 cent being involved is what makes it fishy, thats what im not understanding.... WTF, does anyone even know whats going on with TMT and their fighters??? Dirrell and Gamboa are throwing their primes away on this crap...

Comment

Wait I thought Arum robbed Pac??Why would he sign an extension with him??

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Manny has got to be one of dumbest fighters ever in the history of this sport. He is literally throwing away milions upon millions that Arum is hijacking from him... No wonder floyd and oscar hate you bob, you are a thief, liar and a conartist!

The only other reason he would stay with Arum is maybe he is getting the floyd fight, if not then he is just hiding behind the TR banner to let Bob Arum continue to be the lightning rod for ducking floyd... Cuz Manny=free agent=floyd fight. manny=TR= fans with broken hearts
          Last edited by Pretty Boy Greg; 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

What a fuckin gong-show the making of this fight has been. If Arum is still involved, it wont happen, this is nothing more than more lies from Bob "today i'm telling the truth, yesterday I way lying" Arum. Manny is a damn fool.
            Last edited by p4p-champ; 10-11-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              cause he is an idiot, this is the same guy that signed with golden boy when he was under contract with Arum....
              Last edited by p4p-champ; 10-11-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Pac had independent accountants. He fired them and they are suing him for never paying. Pac has NEW accountants, ones picked by Bob Arum. This is a known FACT.

Its really a conspiracy theory to come to the obvious conclusion that a promoter is a sleaze bag? You are the type of naive person that gets taken by scam artists.

Also known publically, Pac's guarantee for his last few fights are lower than Cotto's was. This is published by the commission. Also the judges statement from the slander case in which he said Pac's lawyers were charging way too high of an hourly rate. The lawyers were picked by Arum.

You are ******ed.
                ********** Sorry folks, I've deleted it. I had posted a long item but decided that I was wasting my time with bigots and cretins. No facts have any relevance to conspiracy crazies and/or racists.
                Last edited by edgarg; 10-11-2012, 01:00 PM. Reason: it wouldn't be read with comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                  If the rumors are true, seems to me that all roads are leading to Pacquiao for Mr Floyd at this point. The other roads are leading to big guys like Canelo and Martinez.

Mr Floyd is supposed to be announcing his next fight before even negotiating the Pac fight. Seems the guy is on a long vacation again to avoid Canelo.

Canelo, of course, stands out on GBP's list, but I'm not hearing his name from Floyd's camp. Uncle Roger was mentioning Pac and Bradley the other day. Small guys. All of a sudden being TR is no longer a problem.

That's what it's all about. Only reason why Floyd is now open to the Pac negotiation (assuming the rumors are true) is because he's avoiding Alvarez. Plus the added advantage of a long vacation and scratch-free body before the super fight. He's the most cunning individual you'll ever see in any sport.

Comment

I've just been reading the posts on this last page. Words are far too inadequate to describe what I feel. To think that the once excellent BoxingScene is reduced to printing such dreadful nonsense. They should use the proverbial "new broom"...... Then heavily disinfect.

There should be an intelligence line below which members are not accepted; also a new member should be subject to a simple boxing quiz to qualify.

Comment

Manny is just signing an extension to continue to hide from Floyd. WARRRR Manny

Comment

Working...
                      X