Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lesnar And Junior Dos Santos TUF 13 Coaches!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
    JDS is known to have the best boxing in MMA isn't he?
    Technique wise he's not bad, but the accuracy with his shots is amazing. Far better than any striker in the HW division, besides the obvious Cain. Cain has far more crisp striking and he's very technical with his shots.

Best boxing in MMA is by far BJ Penn. Best HW boxing in MMA is JDS.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      JDS is a better boxer than velasquez? u cant be serious..

JDS is a very hard hitter but hitting hard doesnt mean u have solid boxing skills, look at wanderlei.

dos santos striking is terrible imo. he throws wide telegraphed punches, has almost no defense and a very thin arsenal of punches. its either pawing jab then overhand right or pawing jab right uppercut then left hook. thats all he ever throws, and he has no sense of distance, timing or angles when he does so. hes basicly a big strong guy just loading up his shots. velasquez is much more skilled on his feet, JDS just has power. im not buying his hype anymore than i was brocks.

same thing goes for his takedown defense, JDS just relies on brute force to get his oponents of of him rather than skill. i dont think he can do that with brock, lesnar will drive right through him and put him on his back. the way to keep from being taken down by lesnar is good wrestling and good footwork which i think kept cain on his feet as much as his wrestling. when brock shot on him he stepped to the side, i dont see dos santos doing that and i think thats why he wont be able to stop the takedown.

its a toss up imo, brock could take him down and pound him out but he also sucks bad enough on his feet to get caught with one of those wide swings from dos santos.
      Cain is a more well rounded fighter and has a better arsenal of kicks and knees, but boxing wise I think JDS is better. The gap isn't big though as neither guy is a world class boxer, but both guys are good for MMA.

Dos Santos may swing wildly at times, but power is nothing without the ability to connect. Dos Santos' timing is underrated.

Cain has better footwork and I love how he mixes his striking with his wrestling, but like you said, power doesn't necessarily mean you're a solid boxer, but neither does great footwork or wrestling ability.

Takedown defense wise JDS relies on his strength and brute force rather than skill, but doesn't Brock as well. I have no doubt that Brock is big and strong enough to takedown JDS, but I doubt he can keep there long enough to inflict enough damage to finish him.

The first solid shot JDS lands will pretty much end the fight. If Brock doesn't get knocked out from that shot, he will try to run or squirm around the floor like he always does when he gets hit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        How long has Brock Lesnar been training in MMA? Is he really in any position to be a coach.

I know it is just a tool to get ratings and sell the last fight but still, seems a bit ridiculous.
        His a NCAA Div-1 wrestling champion, that's why there are different coaches for different aspects of fighting im sure he knows a little something about wrestling, thus he'll probably help the guys with there wrestling, thus he can be a wrestling coach!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
          Technique wise he's not bad, but the accuracy with his shots is amazing. Far better than any striker in the HW division, besides the obvious Cain. Cain has far more crisp striking and he's very technical with his shots.

Best boxing in MMA is by far BJ Penn. Best HW boxing in MMA is JDS.
          i have to disagree. i think his technique is very bad, and his accuracy isnt much better.

fedor, overeem, arlovski, rogers, velasquez, carwin and lil nog all have better boxing skills imo. even if JDS was th best you couldnt call it that, it would be the least worst. his skill level really is very low.

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
          Cain is a more well rounded fighter and has a better arsenal of kicks and knees, but boxing wise I think JDS is better. The gap isn't big though as neither guy is a world class boxer, but both guys are good for MMA.

Dos Santos may swing wildly at times, but power is nothing without the ability to connect. Dos Santos' timing is underrated.

Cain has better footwork and I love how he mixes his striking with his wrestling, but like you said, power doesn't necessarily mean you're a solid boxer, but neither does great footwork or wrestling ability.

Takedown defense wise JDS relies on his strength and brute force rather than skill, but doesn't Brock as well. I have no doubt that Brock is big and strong enough to takedown JDS, but I doubt he can keep there long enough to inflict enough damage to finish him.

The first solid shot JDS lands will pretty much end the fight. If Brock doesn't get knocked out from that shot, he will try to run or squirm around the floor like he always does when he gets hit hard.

great footwork doesnt make u a solid boxer? im gonna have to disagree with that. there are so many things that are important in boxing but footwork is one of the cornerstones for sure.

i think velasquez boxing is on a different level from that of dos santos. cain is a solid boxer by mma standards, JDS is just a extraordinary puncher but his skills are ordinary at best.

Comment

I'm not convinced JDS can stop Lesnars shot.
            He hasn't fought a great wrestler in the UFC and I don't think he will be able to pop back up as Cain did after a TD by Lesnar. Unless he hits Lesnar right after the start I see Lesnar by GnP.

Comment

Working...
            X