No announcement yet.

is Ali a myth or reality? plus other old guys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Ali a myth or reality? plus other old guys

There is something I always wandered, whenever present boxers are companies with past guys, it seems the older guns are put on an unbeatable thrown. No matter what the present guys do they cant beat the older top boxers. I didnt see the older guys in action but I want to hear peoples view on this, are older boxers over rated when compared with present boxers? are they put in a league where only they can win? or were they really that great and deserve all the applause, I only ask because well I started watching boxing from around 98 but really seriously from around 03-04 and can never judge them.

Does the above mean from 20-30 years from now the likes of pac and mayweather will be put in an unbeatable league as well when compared in the future? or do those older guys really deserve it

i see this **** all the time, it also pisses me off that people do this and try to diminish a current fighter

all these "ali would skool wladimir klitschko" threads are just trying to diminish wlad's career....

Comment

Ali is greater than every current fighter

Comment

i didnt mean to say it as heavyweights are better than him. the general point is that are older guys put in a ridiculous league that current boxers will never reach unless they retire themselves

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          i didnt mean to say it as heavyweights are better than him. the general point is that are older guys put in a ridiculous league that current boxers will never reach unless they retire themselves
          i agree. you name any current boxer against a boxer from the past and instantly you'll be told that the older boxer "destroys" the current boxer. boxers from the 80s and earlier are regarded too highly and held at unfair standards in my opinion.

i usually like a lot of what burner posts, but that thread he made about pacquiao against some all-time greats i couldn't fully agree with. i'm not much of a pacquiao fan, but a list of 13 fighters and pacquiao has no chance against even one? they're great fighters, but...that's just how i feel.

Comment

Originally posted by britton View Post
            i agree. you name any current boxer against a boxer from the past and instantly you'll be told that the older boxer "destroys" the current boxer. boxers from the 80s and earlier are regarded too highly and held at unfair standards in my opinion.

i usually like a lot of what burner posts, but that thread he made about pacquiao against some all-time greats i couldn't fully agree with. i'm not much of a pacquiao fan, but a list of 13 fighters and pacquiao has no chance against even one? they're great fighters, but...that's just how i feel.
            Not true bro. Im on record saying Roy Jones would beat Sugar Ray Robinson. I dont hold these fighters up to some unbeatavle level. Because all those guys got their ass beat before. I just look at ther style match up.

Comment

I personally think Ali's style is all wrong for either Klit...I think he would give either one a boxing lesson and make them quit...Ali by TKO...

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                Not true bro. Im on record saying Roy Jones would beat Sugar Ray Robinson. I dont hold these fighters up to some unbeatavle level. Because all those guys got their ass beat before. I just look at ther style match up.
                i know. i was only referring to you and the thread about pacquiao. the rest of my post was just how i feel a lot of boxing fans see things, not necessarily anything else you said.

Comment

Wladimir has been knocked out twice and one of the reasons it has not happen again since is that he has not been tested there. Most of his last fights against very mediocre heavyweights he has not been hit. Also the fact that he was knocked out by average heavyweights to me proves he could be knocked out again. Prime Ali would test that chin consistently.

Wladimr has never fought a guy who could box on his toes with the jab, circle around him using angles and quickly move in with combinations and get back out. That was Ali's game at his peak. Wladimir's last opponent just stood there and tried to block with absolutely no movement. He just stood there, blocked and still went 12 rounds before getting knocked out. Prime Ali is not going to stand right in front of Wladimir, block and throw no punches. He's going to be on his toes and use angles to get in position to throw his combinations and get back out. It aint like Wladimir is quick on his feet now. Ali would get off his combos and get back out and remember its not like Ali was just 5-11 or 6-0 he was 6-3 with a long reach as well.

Comment

Ali made a living dancing around guys like the klits.

Comment

Working...
                    X