No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC: Pascal-Hopkins Immediate Rematch Order Looms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble because of the WBC?

Yes because the WBC controls who fights who.

Pascal-Dawson is happening with or without the fucking WBC.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Finally some justice, I hope boxing gets that HBO attitude this year and force fights or strip guys period. Bottom line is that the fight was a robbery and entertaining, I cannot see how this fight hurts anybody but Pascal who clearly wants no part of it under any circumstances. He went from "I'll fight him again anytime" to "Will see" on live TV. Make this happen i'll even buy it on PPV if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        The knock downs were the CLEAR difference in that fight. Most of you who thought HOPKINS won, believe so because he's 45. I think he won some of you over with that pitch. The fact of the matter is, it's hard to STATISTICALLY win a fight when you are CLEARLY knocked down twice. YES? So, let's keep that in mind. PASCAL didn't hit the canvas and wasn't in jeopardy of doing so. In a close fight, you have to give it to the fighter who stayed on his feet. You knew if the fight was close, HOPKINS would claim robbery. The same way he did against TAYLOR. He won't give the honest assessment of what really happened. And that's sad. GOOD DAY.
        I think that's ridiculous.

A knockdown is only worth one point, and rightly so.

Quite a lot of Manny-fans seem to think that a knockdown is like, half a KO or something, I dunno..... but no, a KD is only worth one point, and should be pretty easy to come back from.

Why should a KD be worth more than that?

If it wasn't just a flash KD - which happens all the time - then surely you could have finished your opponent? If the guy was really hurt, surely you will get value for your efforts later in the fight?

Comment

Heh...Dawson in trouble? Here's exactly the "trouble" he might be in:
          Scenario #1: Pascal decides that calling the WBC's bluff is a better idea than paying a guaranteed crap-ton of money to Dawson for breaching their contract. The fight goes forward. No trouble there.

Scenario #2: Pascal decides he is going to bow to the WBC's will and breaches his contract with Dawson by fighting Hopkins. Dawson sues and wins a huge settlement. In the mean time, he can set up another pretty big fight with Tavoris Cloud or Zsolt Erdei or Beibut Shumenov and make another good payday. No trouble there, except to the extent the winner of Hopkins-Pascal refuses to fight him (a very real possibility if Hopkins wins, in particular).

Scenario #3: Pascal tries to make everybody happy. He voluntarily pays Dawson a king's ransom to get out of the contract, fights Hopkins, and signs a new contract with Dawson for a delayed rematch. Dawson can then use his leverage to force Hopkins to agree to fight him next if Hopkins wins, or not let the fight go on for any price. Then he can fight anyone he wants to pick up a payday knowing full well he's still got a title shot coming. No trouble there.

Comment

dawson should just allow the rematch to happen in exchange for a nice sum of money for breach of contract, either way he still gets a shot at the title. for now he should fight shumenov for another belt. making his fight for the wbc belt a unification match.. that should be worth even more money.. sometimes a "bad thing" can work in your favor.

Comment

i say pascal fight dawson first, or at least have the option to choose who's next as long as its dawson or nard who cares, but dawson is first in line despite how they feel about the excitement of pascal/nard...i don't think pascal should be pushed into a corner to fight hopkins...nard can stay busy by fighting cloud or another top 10 natural lightheavy...whats right is right
              Last edited by djtmal; 01-06-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                YES!!!!!!!!!!! Bottom line is that the fight was a robbery and entertaining,
                this fight was not a robbery...

a robbery is chavez/whitaker...a robbery is when jones beat the brakes off the asian in the olympics...this was another close hopkins fight for which HE failed to seal the deal with the ko and let it go to the scorecards...far from a ****ing robbery

Comment

BAD CHAD has to fight PASCAL,no excuses!!!

BAD CHAD deserves the rematch before BHOP,contracts have to be respected....BHOP will never face an opponent like DAWSON(PBF said more times what great boxer DAWSON is,putting him in the top of P4P list) because CHAD will show the world what a joke HOPKINS is,believe me!!!
                  TRINIDAD,DE LA HOYA and WINKY were all smaller men,TARVER is a joke like CHAD showed twice;WHY BHOP HAS NEVER FACED A SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT like TONEY,BENN,etc....?
                  He wanted CALZAGHE old and CALZAGHE old gave him a lesson,BHOP at the end of every round didn't know where his corner was,PLEASE!!!
                  GLEN JHONSON HAS BIGGER BALLS THAN BHOP(he fought BAD CHAD twice,and look him now in the super six tournament...);anyway BOXE IS DEAD!!!

Comment

Hopkins deserves the immediate rematch over Dawson even though there was a contract clause. I am happy the WBC is doing this. I notice Jose from the WBC watching the fight intensely and he saw what 90% of everyone else saw. I am happy he was actually there to witness it close and in person because it must have really made him upset with the ruling.

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
                      BAD CHAD deserves the rematch before BHOP,contracts have to be respected....BHOP will never face an opponent like DAWSON(PBF said more times what great boxer DAWSON is,putting him in the top of P4P list) because CHAD will show the world what a joke HOPKINS is,believe me!!!
                      TRINIDAD,DE LA HOYA and WINKY were all smaller men,TARVER is a joke like CHAD showed twice;WHY BHOP HAS NEVER FACED A SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT like TONEY,BENN,etc....?
                      He wanted CALZAGHE old and CALZAGHE old gave him a lesson,BHOP at the end of every round didn't know where his corner was,PLEASE!!!
                      GLEN JHONSON HAS BIGGER BALLS THAN BHOP(he fought BAD CHAD twice,and look him now in the super six tournament...);anyway BOXE IS DEAD!!!
                      sorry for language.
                      Last edited by TRANSWARP; 10-29-2015, 04:47 PM. Reason: language

Comment

Working...
                      X