Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Mitchell vs Brandon Rios looking more likely for Nov.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anything, Mitchell should be going after Katsidis in a rematch, after Katsidis' next fight.

Katsidis is mostly likely shopworn at this point and isn't as good as Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I dont know why Warren was pushing for this fight so much. Rios seems like a horrible style match up for Mitchell
      Frank belives in Mitchell (like I do)

Its a risky position to take but I firmly belive that Kev wasn't himself in the Katsidis fight, and STILL wasnt 100% against Murray.

I think a fully fit and focused Mitchell is world class and can win this fight.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post

Its a risky position to take but I firmly belive that Kev wasn't himself in the Katsidis fight, and STILL wasnt 100% against Murray.

just my 2 cents
        I won't count him out.

He's a talented guy.

The odds are against him though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          If anything, Mitchell should be going after Katsidis in a rematch, after Katsidis' next fight.

Katsidis is mostly likely shopworn at this point and isn't as good as Rios.
          Kev wants whoever has the title.

Whether it were Katsidis, Rios or Roberto Duran.

Kev would fight them, for a chance for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post

just my 2 cents
            I think Mitchell can win a world title, I just think that Rios is probably the worst choice of champion to go for right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Kev wants whoever has the title.

Whether it were Katsidis, Rios or Roberto Duran.

Kev would fight them, for a chance for the title.
              Fair play to him, he does seem like a ballsy guy.

It just doesn't help his chances IMO. Katsidis serves as a good gatekeeper at 135, that's why I thought a rematch with him would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
                Fair play to him, he does seem like a ballsy guy.

It just doesn't help his chances IMO. Katsidis serves as a good gatekeeper at 135, that's why I thought a rematch with him would be better.
                I think he understands that Katsidis is a high risk low reward (in terms of titles) at this point.

Mitchell may have been in bad shape and a bad place mentally the first time round but that does not change the fact that Katsidis has more than what it take to brutalize Kev. And he knows that.

He also knows, that is he loses to Katsidis again then he will need another set of fights to get another shot, and at this point I don't think he wants to.

He just wants to get in the ring with a Champion, and give it his 100% all, win or lose. Last time he did it wrong and this time he wants to do it right and come prepared.

I agree, Rios eats him alive, but I take my hat off to Kev for being willing to fight the best available and tough fights constantly. And will be rooting for him 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think he understands that Katsidis is a high risk low reward (in terms of titles) at this point.

Mitchell may have been in bad shape and a bad place mentally the first time round but that does not change the fact that Katsidis has more than what it take to brutalize Kev. And he knows that.

He also knows, that is he loses to Katsidis again then he will need another set of fights to get another shot, and at this point I don't think he wants to.

He just wants to get in the ring with a Champion, and give it his 100% all, win or lose. Last time he did it wrong and this time he wants to do it right and come prepared.

I agree, Rios eats him alive, but I take my hat off to Kev for being willing to fight the best available and tough fights constantly. And will be rooting for him 100%.
                  Kev could lose, or could win imo

But theres nothing worse than living with what if's, Kev knows he wasn't right before, if he comes into a title fight at 100%, gives it his all and still loses, then he will know he just didnt have it at that level, but he can't know until he does it.

Full credit for the guts

Comment

After this i think its time for Rios to hit 140

Comment

could handle Katsidis pressure or Power but show how he is suppose to be able to Keep Bam Bam Rios from Knocking Him Out?

nothing against Mitchell, even after losing to Katsidis the guy still has solid potential, but I don't think he is ready for RIOS

he could Out-Box Rios, BUT can he avoid his power for 12 Rounds? Rios seems to get STRONGER as the fight goes

Comment

Working...
                      X