• Show
Clear All

• Here we go folks. Shame people are sleeping on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSKJh2HdATE

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
      Here we go folks. Shame people are sleeping on this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSKJh2HdATE
      Viktor Postol: "Once I met him at the press conference, I knew he didn't want to fight. He had an opportunity to fight me earlier, and he and his team didn't want to do that for whatever reason. But when I look into his eyes I knew he didn't want to fight."

Comment

• Originally posted by JJRalkman View Post
        I was going to order this, especially since they said it would be a "discounted" price. Then I saw that it was $60 in Canada. I just laughed.

Some of you enjoy asserting that anyone who isn't shelling out money for this is "Just a kid I'm a grown man I pay my bills I ain't sweatin no $60 dollars."

Many of us are financially prosperous adults. My fiancee is 1/2 Mexican so I'm used to her (seemingly endless) supply of cousins coming to our house for every Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, and Alvarez fight without chipping in for the $70 pricetag.

It's not thinking this is a bad fight. It's not lacking the money. It's about not willing to spend $60+ on fights that should be on HBO (while I'm paying $20/month for absolutely no fights on that channel).

There has to be a breaking point. And mine came when you asked me for a "discount" $60 for a main event you admitted was HBO-worthy and a barebones undercard I couldn't pay my friends and family to watch.
        I don't ever pay for fights.. I just YT them the day after.

Comment

• My final number for PPV buys is 45K, would very surprised if it did more that that.

Comment

• I can't wait to see what the purses are. I'm so excited! Seeing fighters get paid is really the only reason I watch. Boxing is a business and I love it when fights are on ppv.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
              I can't wait to see what the purses are. I'm so excited! Seeing fighters get paid is really the only reason I watch. Boxing is a business and I love it when fights are on ppv.
              You could guesstimate their purses based on what I posted earlier.

Originally posted by JQside View Post
              Fight won't happen if it's not on PPV. That's the only way they were able to convince Crawford to take this fight.

Matthysse vs Postol purses: Postol $90K, Matthysse $500K

Lundy vs Crawford purses: Lundy $150K, Crawford $1.21 mil

Guess who wanted huge money on this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                I can't wait to see what the purses are. I'm so excited! Seeing fighters get paid is really the only reason I watch. Boxing is a business and I love it when fights are on ppv.

Comment

• Im at a Quinceanera so im not ordering it but who cares if it bombs.

Good fight and if YOU are ordering it is all that should matter

Comment

• Crawford gon' get peppered into submission.

Comment

• Even Arum said he is not expecting to make any money on the fight, he is just hoping to break even which he said he would at a level of about 65K-70K.

It's not on PPV because they're trying to gouge customers, it's because HBO said they didn't have the money in the budget and the fight wouldn't be able to happen without PPV.

With Floyd and Manny essentially gone, Haymon and Bob, respectively, can't make demands that HBO (or SHO) pony up huge sums for fights like this anymore. They've lost bargaining power that comes from having a huge revenue-generating star.

Comment

Working...
                      X