Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point I don't think Ward can beat Krusher.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
    If the skills are still there, Ward will be fine. His transition to 185, I suspect will be smooth due to the fact that guy walks around at about 180-190. Ward by 12 RD UD in a very clear victory.

LMAO, never seen him even at 175 but people are confident that he cleans out 175 and are already talking about Ward up at 185. Wow......yeah, guess that's why he and his team were trying to bring 168 pounders up to 175 because of how easy Ward is going to have it against real 175 pounders then huh?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      did you watch the fights? he easily could have been dq'd for all the holding he did against kessler and bika. that's a pretty different outcome. throw in the headbutts, elbows, and ducking below the waist and you have an even better case. maybe if he was fighting in someeone elses hometown they would have let him get away with that as well but it would have been less likely and hence more risky. cheaters usually don't like to travel because they have that comfortable safety net at home. just knowing that you can get away with nonstop cheating has to boost your confidence and on the flip side if you know you can't cheat that's gotta effect you negatively.
      if ward was actually cheating then why did he stop doing those things in his last couple of fights?

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
        Not atall.... They are actually the same height and Kovalev has a 1 inch reach advantage, as far as weight goes there will probably be maybe 2 or 3 pounds between them as far as rehydration goes. Ward is definitely bigger now than he was a few years ago.
        I'm not talking measurements or the scale. It's like comparing a bodybuilder to a powerlifter that are the same size but the powerlifter is 50% stronger. Structurally I think Kovalev is a much bigger guy and he hits like a mule.

Comment

Well lets see how Ward does at 175 first

I wouldn't automatically just give Kovalev a win over Ward based n him destroying Pascal again like we all knew he would. Ward is a very smart fighter, but so is Kovalev. Kovalev is a Boxer/Puncher, he is not some slow flat footed Brawler so no question it will be Ward's toughest challenge of his career thus far

Ward have to take care of Barrera first, if he does that he will likely take one more fight before going after Kovalev. If he listen to the dumb fans and he jumps in with Kovalev without testing himself fully at 175 before Jumping with Kovalev then he would be setting himself up to fail. Let him work his way to Kovalev!

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
            Do you think one of them will lose their next fight? other than that I don't see why you can't see the fight happening.
            Two, three tuneups = easy cash grabs for Ward with minimal threat. Which is why he wanted 168 pounders at 175 to minimize that risk even more but HBO told him hell no. Now that he is allegedly fighting Barrera, we can't seem to get a confirmation of the fight actually happening beyond Twitter posts. Why so much trouble with announcing the damn thing? I think it's because Ward doesn't even want to fight Barrera, too much risk involved, it doesn't mesh with his plan.

He wants to take 2 or 3 easy paydays and then cashout, retire. The only way he could get these "easy" fights was to say he'd fight Kovalev but that's a long time from now; 4 million dollars away for Ward. What is going to happen if Ward says no thanks, I've done enough in this sport, I'm calling it a day? Absolutely nothing, Ward will have already gotten paid for the tuneups and has several millions in his pocket......there are no refunds and nothing to truly force Ward to fight him at that point.

Comment

it will be a damn good fight, but when is ward fighting to get the ball rolling?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Two, three tuneups = easy cash grabs for Ward with minimal threat. Which is why he wanted 168 pounders at 175 to minimize that risk even more but HBO told him hell no. Now that he is allegedly fighting Barrera, we can't seem to get a confirmation of the fight actually happening beyond Twitter posts. Why so much trouble with announcing the damn thing? I think it's because Ward doesn't even want to fight Barrera, too much risk involved, it doesn't mesh with his plan.

He wants to take 2 or 3 easy paydays and then cashout, retire. The only way he could get these "easy" fights was to say he'd fight Kovalev but that's a long time from now; 4 million dollars away for Ward. What is going to happen if Ward says no thanks, I've done enough in this sport, I'm calling it a day? Absolutely nothing, Ward will have already gotten paid for the tuneups and has several millions in his pocket......there are no refunds and nothing to truly force Ward to fight him at that point.
                He's obviously not going to retire, it sounds like a lot of people are just criticising Ward for the sake of it. If he did do that without a very good reason then he deserves all the hate in the world and I wouldn't defend him but c'mon that's just reaching, deep down you know that won't happen.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                Ward signed a contract with Dan Goosen too, that worked out well...
                Yeah cause falling out with a promoter he was signed with for 10 years means he won't fight Kovalev....

Comment

I swear dudes be having 24 hour highs from fights....Now he beats Ward?...Cool but based off Kov. stopping a guy he already stopped.....GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Ffs you're a good poster. Make a more technical prediction than that, give examples, not use psychology to predict a fight.
                    Shut it bongo the clown.....that's his opinion and he can say what he thinks.....it's a forum can BwaaHAHAHAHAHahahahahahaHaHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                      I'm not talking measurements or the scale. It's like comparing a bodybuilder to a powerlifter that are the same size but the powerlifter is 50% stronger. Structurally I think Kovalev is a much bigger guy and he hits like a mule.
                      He simply isn't though, bodybuilding or weight lifting have nothing to do with this scenario. The scale and measurements are telling us what we need to know about their size.

Originally posted by mathed View Post

Which is it though? Is Barrera a risky fight or not?

It seems when the fight is being finalized that Barrera is a bum but when the slightest bit of uncertainty arises as to whether or not the fight is on then suddenly he's a risk that Ward won't take.

Comment

Working...
                      X