Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompuBox Has Hurt More Then Helped Boxing!

This is what ruining boxing, people who dont know how to score only look at punch stats. THIS DOES NOT PROVE ANYTHING. This was initially invented as commentary tool so the commentators to use in relaying ONE aspect of what is happening in the ring. This is not a end all and it is not even official. This is not scientific. This is not a machine. CompuBox is Human Beings that Are pressing a button every time they THINK a punch landed. Their is no way to confirm that a punch landed or did not land in this CompuBox system.

This CompuBox has grown into it own 'Almighty Boxing Judge' if you will. People are now using it to back up claims of robbery and to either agree or disagree with a decision. CompuBox only counts punches landed which is not even ONE of the 'Boxing Scoring Criteria' which is

1. Clean punching.
    2. Effective aggressiveness.
    3. Ring generalship.
    4. Defense.

This tool CompuBox is merely a entertainment addition for the commentators. CompuBox hold no bearings on how you score a fight, NONE what so ever.

CompuBox should never be brought up when discussing how to score a fight.

CompuBox has hurt the sport in my honest opinion for the new generation of boxing fans, As they rely heavy on this tool when their is a close fight. For all the reason I have listed above it should not even be considered, yet they use CompuBox stats as a crutch to lean on when scoring. You can not use CompuBox for scoring as it does not fall into none of the Criteria for scoring a bout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primera View Post
      Nope. Ring Magazine currently has Pacquiao-Marquez III as "Robbery of the Year"

Ouch
      PAC outlanded both Marquez and way more Bradley. Fact!

Marquez got robbed? RSMH
      Last edited by Republica; 06-11-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
        First off, let me say I thought Pacquiao won the fight. But I had it closer than most people, I scored it 115-113 for Pac. Let me also say, I was at the fight live, not front row or anything but still had a pretty good view.

Now, the HBO crew thought the fight was onesided, and it reflected in their scoring and announcing. Now you can say that everyone in the media had it for Pacquiao as well. HOWEVER, nearly everyone in the media, like most of us, watched the fight on an HBO broadcast.

The judges obviously watched it live and not from HBO's perspective. Even Max Kellerman said that he polled people on pressrow and a lot thought Bradley won. Also, Brian Kenny, whose a pretty respected boxing guy, watched the fight on pressrow, scored it 116-112 for Bradley. Few others had it for Bradley as well.

My point is, isn't it interesting how the few people who thought Bradley won were also the people who were watching on pressrow, and not on HBO? If you do some research and look at the scores from media on pressrow, you'll see most had it very close, while the media that just watched it on HBO had it wide.

I know everyone on this board will dispel this and claim to be an unbiased boxing expert who calls it like it is, but you can't say when the crowd roars and Jim Lampley creams his pants everytime Pac throws a punch whether it lands or not, that anyone's perception wouldn't be affected.

anyway, just my 2 cents. thought Pac won a close decision, but felt this was no bigger a robbery than the Marquez fight
        I completely agree with you. I scored the fight the same, 115-113 for Pacquiao, but... I was second guessing myself with the rounds I was giving to Bradley based largely on the HBO commentary. Every time Lampley would scream "BIG LEFT FOR PACQUIAO LANDS FLUSH!" I would think to myself, "thats not what I saw, but maybe he has a better angle".

Watching the fight back without the commentary I was much more secure in the rounds that I did score for Bradley, although I still scored the fight the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Primera View Post
          way to bring up mayweather in a pac thread. 43-0 lol did pacquiao win his last fight?

Pac mugged Bradley and took his unbeaten record for millions to see, and hopefully he can take Floyds unbeaten record next.

Pac is the unbeaten record killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            It's kind of like Mafia investigation organized crime.
            LOL , looks like a perfectly rational smokescreen Bob , I doubt many people will buy it , your the boss and you have the most to gain , I hope the commission investigates you !

Comment

• My score card 116-112 for pacquiao

rd 1 timmy
              rd 2 pac
              rd 3 pac
              rd 4 pac , (bradley twisted foot)
              rd 5 pac
              rd 6 pac
              rd 7 timmy
              rd 8 pac , clash of heads
              rd 9 pac
              rd 10 timmy
              rd 11 timmy
              rd 12 pac

Total: 116-112 for Manny Pacquiao

NOTE: round 12 was dangerously close. Round 1 i believe Tim won.

Notes on the fight:

Pacquiao has great timing. I think its very under appreciated.
              Pacquiao times the incomming jab in a few ways, he will throw a lead straight left before the opponents jab is thrown , or he will wait till the second jab on a double jab is being ****ed back and he will shoot his right jab and straight left. Very nice!

He will also step/pivot to his right and shoot that straight left . He did that several times and connected

Pacquiao's counter game is under appreciated too. He counters with the straight left, or a 1-2. He counters his opponents left hooks/left body hooks with his own right hook.

Pacquiao also slowed down after 6-7 rounds. Gassing out? i dont know.

Althought Pacquiao is a great combination puncher, he is susceptable to combination punching himself. In particular combinations of quick straight punches that go upstairs and down stairs. i.e double jab, right straigh to the body ( both Tim and shane mosely connected those punches several times ), or combinations of straight punches to the head ( jabs and straights )

Hats off to Manny Pacquiao

Lastly, what a shame. Bob Arum, Manny and Timmy were all involved in this tirade. Timmy knew the words he was supposed to say straight after the fight in regards to the rematch. He re-iterated it several times, on the HBO interview in the ring and the primetime interview in the ring.

Be real, this fight was a fix. Bob, Manny and Timmy were all involved. They all played their part.

Comment

• They should let the referee decide who wins,seriously hes right there with the fighters he sees what 1 or 2 judges might not see,hes accountable for them fighting clean and fair hes also there to protect them if ones badly hurt,why he cant be the one that decides who wins just doesnt make sense theres some great refs in the sport more than capable of making this decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Republica View Post
                  PAC KTFOes Soto faster than Diaz if they fought!
                  Soto Knocked out Pac´s brother in front of him and challenged him right there. Pac did nothing

Comment

• Bradley has been blessed with a boxing friendly face. You could throw the kitchen sink at him and it wouldn't even leave a mark

Comment

• pacquiao took the first 2 minutes off of each round as hbo was saying

that's what lost it

Comment

Working...
                      X