Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do ppl ignore the fact that NSACs keith kizer confirmed margs was clean vs cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do ppl ignore the fact that NSACs keith kizer confirmed margs was clean vs cotto?

i mean,what more evidence do you need?

Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, told me “I’m as comfortable as I can be” Margarito’s hand wraps and gloves weren’t doctored against Miguel Cotto.

By GEORGE WILLIS

Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said on Wednesday he is “as comfortable as I can be” that Antonio Margarito’s hand wraps and gloves weren’t doctored during his July victory over Miguel Cotto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Margarito’s career-defining win over the previously unbeaten Cotto has come into question after two plaster-like pieces were found in Margarito’s hand wraps before his bout with Shane Mosley Jan. 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

The California State Athletic Commission has the two hardened pieces and announced late Wednesday the licenses and Maragarito and his trainer Javier Capetillo were temporarily suspended pending a hearing Feb. 10. A long-term suspension could jeopardize a potential rematch with Cotto this June in the Garden.

Nevada will honor the suspensions while the investigation continues. “We’re definitely going to listen to whatever California says when they finish their investigation,” Kizer said. “We would hope it was all on the up and up and it was a misunderstanding. But I’m sure California will do a thorough job and let the fans and the media and everyone know what happened.”

Kizer is sure everything was on the “up-and-up” in July when Margarito took the WBA welterweight title from Cotto with an 11th round TKO. Cotto dropped to a knee twice in the 11th beaten, battered and bloodied by a relentless two-fisted assault by Margarito. Cotto’s face looked disfigured from the damage.

Margarito not only won the title that night, but superstar status that resulted in a record crowd of nearly 21,000 fans at the Staples Center for the fight with Mosley. But word came just before the bout that Margarito’s hands had to wrapped three times and HBO commentator Larry Merchant told viewers that “an illegal pad” was found in Margarito’s wraps, “something that would harden when wet.”

Jim Lampley later referred to it as an “illegal implement,” adding “inevitably, the question will arise, ‘Did he have that in the hand wrap last July. Did it harden like plaster of Paris? Was it a factor in the fight.”

Kizer is confident the rules and procedures in Nevada prevent any irregularities during hand wrapping and putting on the gloves. “We have experienced inspectors not only watching the hands being wrapped, but also the gloves being put on,” Kizer said. “They feel the wraps and sign them and then the gloves and sign them.”

One difference between Nevada and Calfornia is that Nevada provides the gauze for the hand wrappings, while California allows fighters to use their own gauze.

Speaking specifically about July, Kizer said, representatives from the Cotto camp were in Margarito’s dressing room during the entire wrapping of the hands. “They were in there from the beginning,” Kizer said. “Not only them but people from HBO, people from MGM, there are always a dozen or so people in the dressing room.

“I’m pleased with the process we have in Nevada,” Kizer said. “Not only does it stop anybody who tries to do something like that, it stops anybody who is thinking about doing it.”
    http://nypost.com/2009/01/29/kizer-m...lean-vs-cotto/
    Last edited by STAX ON DECK; 11-21-2015, 03:08 PM.

im also going to quote Dr Rumack who made a great post on the topic:

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    There was a study done on the plaster issue by a boxing magazine in the 1960s to address the myth of Jack Dempsey having used plaster in his wraps for the Jess Willard beatdown.

The conclusion was that if anyone was dumb enough to use plaster of paris in their hand wraps or gloves, all they would do is break every bone in their own hands.

Boxing Illustrated conducted an experiment to test whether it was possible to use plaster of paris successfully under fighting conditions. The results were reported in the May 1964 issue of BI, pp 20-24, 66. Hugh Benbow and Perry Payne (manager and trainer of Cleveland Williams) used plaster of paris on Cleveland's hands and reenacted what Kearns said occurred in Dempsey's dressing room. After 35 minutes of toasting to reenact the 114-degree heat of Toledo that day, Cleveland Williams hit the heavy bag five times. Benbow examined the wraps and found that the plaster had cracked and crumbled. "This stuff." said Cleve, "wouldn't do anybody any good."

The Boxing Illustrated test proved beyond a reasonable doubt that the plaster of paris would not have held up after the first punch, it would have crumbled and left chunks in his mitts and every punch thereafter would have been quite painful and there is little doubt he would have broken his hands. The inventor of the product issued a statement as to the impossibility of using plaster of paris without breaking all the bones in the hands.

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/dempsey_gloves.html
    There's simply no way Margarito had 'plaster' in his gloves. It's impossible.

If you need more evidence, listen to this short interview with Doug Fischer:

Anyone who still touts the 'plaster' story does so because they hate Margarito. There is no evidence to support it whatsoever.

Comment

lol Prepare for incoming butthurt

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
        lol Prepare for incoming butthurt
        lol i dont care,im all for open discussion

i just dont understand the poeple who honestly believe cotto is a new "reborn" version of himself because he joined up with some old dude who runs a gym out of hollywood. im not buying it

hes still the same cotto who lost to a clean atoineo margertito

Comment

The 2nd fight was evidence enough for me that it was just a style matchup and not the gloves.

Although Cotto won the rematch, he took some massive punishment from a guy who was clearly past his prime and coming off two devastating losses to Mosley and Pacquiao, the latter destroyed his orbital bone.

Say what you want, but Margarito had his best round and looked like the tide might have turned, before the fight was stopped.

Comment

So Margarito is only guilty of beating the Puto out of Cotto!
            He beat the crap outta that guy and had him on his knees.

Total submission to the Marg man!

PAC messed up his eye so bad, and Cotto took advantage of it in the rematch.

Marg parted his culo in the first fight. Like a log splitter!!

Hahahaha LMAO
            Last edited by Zaroku; 11-21-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
              The 2nd fight was evidence enough for me that it was just a style matchup and not the gloves.

Although Cotto won the rematch, he took some massive punishment from a guy who was clearly past his prime and coming off two devastating losses to Mosley and Pacquiao, the latter destroyed his orbital bone.

Say what you want, but Margarito had his best round and looked like the tide might have turned, before the fight was stopped.
              yup,i believe smoger (the ref that night) even did a interview where he stated that his most unsatisfying stoppage hes ever been involved in was cotto/margs 2,and he was forced to stop it because of the ring doc can override the refs calls in new york

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                lol i dont care,im all for open discussion

i just dont understand the poeple who honestly believe cotto is a new "reborn" version of himself because he joined up with some old dude who runs a gym out of hollywood. im not buying it

hes still the same cotto who lost to a clean atoineo margertito
                I agree and lol "antoineo"

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post

Great post Hermano & well said. Green k!
                  Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                    I agree and lol "antoineo"
                    I am in complete agreement ! Green k

Comment

Working...
                    X