Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is There No Pressure For Ward To Fight Kolalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward's name is irrelevant until he gets back in the ring and proves he hasn't lost a step. That said if he fights at light heavyweight there's no excuse for the fight not to happen.

Comment

[QUOTE=Barcham;15706020]Ward is having ONE fight this year. Compared to his past history, that makes this a VERY busy year for him.

And he was not removed from every P4P list for no reason either. His last quality fight was against Froch back in 2011. That's FOUR YEARS AGO! When he has 4 fights equal in quality as his Super Six fights, in a row, then he can go back on the list. No one has the slightest what Ward can do today as he has not had a serious challenge since the Super Six tournament.[/QUO

I can understand that....but GGG last quality fight was never.

Comment

Originally posted by comanick View Post
        I can understand that....but GGG last quality fight was never.
        That is your opinion and I do not share it and I have no intention of getting into a pointless pissing match over who has a better resume other than to say that 30 KOs in 33 wins, 20 in a row, has to count for something.

A P4P list reflects the current situation in the sport. If not, we would still have fighters like Leonard and Duran dominating it and people would claim that Hagler should not belong because he has only fought at MW.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          That is your opinion and I do not share it and I have no intention of getting into a pointless pissing match over who has a better resume other than to say that 30 KOs in 33 wins, 20 in a row, has to count for something.

A P4P list reflects the current situation in the sport. If not, we would still have fighters like Leonard and Duran dominating it and people would claim that Hagler should not belong because he has only fought at MW.
          Apparently, its no big deal, because, you know, everyone is doing that these days. Plus, who wants to see knockouts in boxing? We watch this **** for real dominating performances like unanimous decisions. DUh.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post

33 wins, 30 kos are great but WHO HAS HE FOUGHT?

Its not really a pissing match.. I would love to see Ward-Kov as well. It would be a good fight. I am just showing the difference as to why GGG should fight a ward caliber opponent before ward should have to fight kov thats all.
            Wards inactivity doesnt have anything to do with GGG fighting better caliber opponents. He doesnt have to fight ward, he can froch, or I would take an old kessler over everybody hes fought already.
            Truth is GGG should be the lineal champ but cotto is never gonna fight him so he should move on and stop calling out welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              people calling for ward/GGG are doing so because they want to see GGG skills against top flight comp, something we haven't seen yet.

Kov/GGG fans have been calling for Kov/Ward because they think Kov has the better chance of beating Ward than GGG does and they do not want to see GGG lose, especially to an American.

Another important piece-GGG can't get a fight with the best MW's so him fighting Ward fills that void. Kov has quality opponents at 175 that will fight him (although his resigning with HBO took away the Stevenson and bieterviev fights, the 2 best opponents, for now)

Since both men said they were willing to go up a weight class to fight, both should be held to it.
              Ward cleaned out 168lbs. He SHOULD move up to 175lbs and prove his p4p greatness as fighters in the past have.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                Kola is a super middle, almost making as much noise as GGG and is coming off a win over one of the most known boxers on the planet, Bhop and another over Jean Pascal. Stevenson is in the plans for the future, but that fight is 50/50 that it gets made. Regardless, doesnt Ward/Kolalev make more sense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ql...yer_detailpage

in case you missed the memo. Kathy duva said she has already had talks with roc nation and they are gonna make ward vs kovalev next year.

Comment

Ward is nobody in 2015. Kovalev is a dominant superstar

Comment

Working...
                  X