Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny's elaborate plan that doesn't involve fighting Mayweather, a very smart move

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smh just delete your account

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
      Boxing is a business, we all know that by now and if you don't, or refuse to believe it is, you need to get your ass back to UFC and WWF because boxing isn't for you.

I believe Danny and his team, including Haymon, are involved in an elaborate plan to put Danny at the very top of the podium once Floyd retires. But the key to doing it the right way you might ask, is simply to NOT fight Floyd Mayweather. And no, it's not ducking, avoiding, or whatever other childish names you casual emotional fans like to call it. It's called smart matchmaking. Not just choosing good opponents, but playing with weight classes along the way too, all while remaining undefeated while the #1 fighter in the sport is on the verge of retirement. Floyd only has a couple fights left, and Danny is just now getting accustomed to being a JWW. There's no rush for him to move up to WW, and even if he did he'll do it in at his own pace and will not rush himself.

Danny will stay at JWW and maybe dabble a little bit into WW and continue racking up solid wins until Floyd retires, at which point he can safely move up to WW for good while still being undefeated. At this point he would clearly be #3 P4P or something close to that. In fact I have him in my top 5 already.

This ensures that Danny not only remains undefeated, which we all know brings in the masses of haters that are the main source of revenue, but he will also be considered the #1 fighter in the sport along with Ward and Rigo. He has the opportunity to become the heir to Floyd Mayweather's throne, and it can be done in small gradual steps, so as long as these steps are smart and planned out accordingly.

With Haymon running the show, it can be done.
      lol, Danny Boy actually took a step back with a KO win last night. If that's part of their plan, then it's a sure fire fail.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
        I take this as a non-troll thread. So, what's your P4P then? I don't see how Danny is top five. Please be normal for once and tell me
        Mayweather
        Ward
        Rigo
        Alvarez
        Garcia
        Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Several things wrong with this. First off, Mayweather isn't the only guy at 140-147 able to beat him, Herrera proved that in their last fight. Plus he's having trouble making 140 and will be forced to move up, where he'll be in line for Floyd if somebody doesn't beat him there that is. Also, Garcia isn't a big enough name to follow such a plan that he gets to chose easy fights and everybody will be ok with it (see Salka fight). Furthermore, I don't think Garcia would even want to follow such a lame plan, the guy stepped up to the plate to face off with Khan and Matthysse so he's proven in the past he'll tackle on challenges.
          Have you read or listened to any of his interviews regarding a Floyd fight? He's stated numerous times that he's in no rush whatsoever to fight him, and he said it wouldn't disappoint him at all if the fight never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkanyamba View Post
            Mayweather
            Ward
            Rigo
            Alvarez
            Garcia
            Marquez
            Well, I like it. Risky and arguable, especially on Garcia, but whose list isn't up to debate?

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
              Well, I like it. Risky and arguable, especially on Garcia, but whose list isn't up to debate?
              Some might argue you can throw Wlad on there somewhere but let's be honest he's not worthy. Maybe towards the bottom along with Pacquiao.

Comment

Mayweather-Garcia has no business being made anyway.

Comment

Yea haymon is trying to make him big. Losing to Floyd won't help at all. Canelo was already pretty popular with Mexicans by the time he fought Floyd but the new guys really won't benefit getting schooled

Comment

Even though I like Danny, there's no way he will ever reach anywhere close to Mayweather's level. I doubt he ever becomes p4p #1 either. The elite level boxing skill just isn't there with him.

Comment

i hate garcia and he did cheat to beat matthysse but i do commend him for not rushing and crying for a floyd pay day

Comment

Working...
                      X