Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Andre Ward be in danger of being frozen out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
    Gennady Golovkin should move up to 168.

Golovkin v. Ward.

Golovkin by KO
    Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    This is true.
    I might as well watch Tito vs Hopkins all over again

Comment

Ward has a tonne of options. The only people that don't think he has any options are people who think he holds all the cards and should never fight away from home.

If Ward truly believes he has done it all at 168 then why doesn't he go up to 175 and fight the winner of Dawson/Pascal. I expect Pascal to win it, meaning this could be a massive extravaganza event in Canada. Or how about the winner of Cloud/Hopkins, if Hopkins wins, the fight would still sell well. If Cloud wins, we'll have a new name on our hands. Ward and Cloud would do decent business. The only two fights bigger than the ones I mentioned are rematches with Froch or Kessler in their back yards.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
        Gennady Golovkin should move up to 168.

Golovkin v. Ward.

Golovkin by KO

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        because Golovkin is slow?

Ward beats Golovkin on the inside, but not imo on the outside where even Arthur Abraham had his moments against Ward.

I would also favour Martinez against Golovkin but not by much at all, if anything only because he is the name with big fight experience.
        so GGG outboxes ward on the outside.

Comment

I've wondered the same as the ts. Even if he gets a fight with, say, Froch, who else does he have? The super six made him but killed his options for future fights that anyone would care about.

Comment

lol at these morons thinking Golovkin have a chance against Ward.

lol at this master moron thinking Golovkin beats Ward on the outside

Comment

Sounds like wishful thinking from a Kessler Fan to me

Ward can just move up if nobody at 168 has the BALLS to fight him, Adonis Stevenson would be a good match up for Ward and who knows maybe by the end of this year or next year GGG could be read to fight Ward

Ward has nothing to worry about but to get his shoulder healthy, once he does that he will eventually find someone to fight him but yeah if your a Froch or Kessler fans you would want Ward to "GO AWAY" because neither of them have a chance at beating them

Bottom Line, this is boxing, new fighters will emerge at 168 eventually, Thomas Oosthuizen and George Groves are two you fighters on the Rise, also James DeGale and Edwin Rodriguez, so it will always been some competition, but as far as Big Fight Goes, it is not many stars at 168-175 to make a "Mega Fight" especially when Ward is a clear cut about the rest

And a big LOL at people talking about GGG would KO Ward...once again "WISHFUL THINKING", right now Ward would have no problem with GGG and would expose all his weaknesses, Ward's clinches would neutralize GGG's Power and Ward would wear him out and destroy him inside

Comment

and Im a fan of Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  C'mon on man, Ward would school Golovkin. GGG is too small for 168. He's listed at 5'10 but I wouldn't be shocked if he was 5'9.
                  Mike Tyson was 5'11 but probably 5 '9 whipping on guys 6'4 so what this small stuff ?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    With Froch and Kessler fighting in April, and Bute on the undercard for the WBC, the winner of Froch/Kessler will fight butein Montreal most likely in August or September for massive cash, IBF, WBA and WBC title fight

he can't fight the loser, and Pavlik retired, so where is the money fight for Ward this year?

And if Froch wins a close one, well then they might have Froch/Kessler 3 early next year for even more massive cash

The problem Ward now has, is nobody is going to be in any rush to fight him, and he doesn't have the drawing power to demand anything.

What you think?

can you see this happening?
                    As far as I know, Ward remains WBC champ at 168, aswell as the WBA champ. Kessler has the disregarded regular WBA belt. I don't quite understand?

Comment

I think Ward is done with the fighters involved in the super six, unless Froch makes an emphatic statement against Kessler. There are a couple boxers coming up in the MW + SMW division who could step up and challenge Ward, so I'm not too concerned for him. Demetrius Andrade looks like someone who might be ready to take him on in two years time. George Groves, James DeGale, and Edwin Rodriguez might be about two-three fights removed from a shot. Thomas Oosthuizen, Gennady Golovkin moving up in weight, Sergey Kovalev jumping down are all viable options for some decent fights in the next year. There aren't any super-fights for him right now but the challenges are good enough for him to go on a very respectable Roy Jones/Bernard Hopkins type run at 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X