No announcement yet.

PR voting for statehood tomorrow.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR voting for statehood tomorrow.

And I hear they are likely to accept. Then all the US has to do is accept.

Then the next debate of how the new flag should look will begin

I wonder how it would effect boxing and if PR would maintain their sovereignty in matters such as the Olympics.

I've heard Boricus in the island are split up over it. I doubt they'll end up wanting statehood. It would be kinda cool if they did though

Comment

Will end with the status quo, as it always has in the past.

Comment

I say they vote yes, Puerto Rico is cool, I wanna go there some day.

Comment

If they vote not to, I will support it. If they vote to become a state, I will welcome them as the 51st state.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
            I say they vote yes, Puerto Rico is cool, I wanna go there some day.
            You can go there without them being a state (no passport required). You can move there as well anytime you want. But if that's what they want, then they should get it.

I might be going there over Xmas break.

It's very cheap to fly there, and stay.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              If they vote not to, I will support it. If they vote to become a state, I will welcome them as the 51st state.
              I have my father and his side of my family over there, I appreciate your post.

Comment

They do this every time and every time they stay the same.. good on them too... we get all the US benefits with out the tax bullshit.. and our legal drinking age is 18.. fuck becoming a state.. perfectly fine as a territory.. its like having a girl that you can fuck and leave whenever you want...

Comment

Well I've talk to my boricua friends in the BX about this in the past. Basically one of the main concerns that PRs have about becoming a state is that when the floodgates open and other mainland Americans eventually move to PR they are afraid that they will dilute the island which could eventually affect the language, culture, identity of PR. As great as it is for PR to eventually become a state, hearing my friend's arguments made me a believer that it would not be in the best interest for Puerto Ricans as a people.
                  Last edited by WarriorSoul; 11-06-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I wish I could live in a free Puerto Rico.

Comment

Working...
                    X