Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I saw Great White Hype on HBO the other morning. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] So I saw Great White Hype on HBO the other morning. . .

And I realized the juxtaposition the movie presents in this contemporary fistic era; it holds so true, yet false at the same time!

The part that echoes as true as ever is how the promotional aspect of boxing works. .

The false aspect of the movie is that the HW division is now trying to find a "great 'American' hope" (no racist or nationalism - just speaking in context of the movie) to fight the Klitschkos.

It seems Seth Mitchell is the next "American" hope being hyped up to possibly make the American fans think he will beat the Klitschkos. . . EX: Ex-football player, background, power, yet nowhere close to the experience needed. . .

That movie is hilarious.

Comment

It's been so long since I've seen that movie. Love it.

Comment

one of my favorite movies.

Comment

Lol I will eradicate the homeless problem, and the homelessness. . . There's a homeless problem in South Dakota. . .

"My blackness alone will beat him"! "But I'm not Irish" "Shutup, it just means you're white!" "Do you covet racism"?

All the characters were spot on parodies of their real life counterparts: Shabazz(Samuel Jackson) = Don King (a little bit of Arum too). . Cheech Marin/Julio; president of the championship organization = Jose Sulaiman. . . Some other parodies as well. .

Comment

"The Grinch who stole blackness"
            Last edited by UglyPug; 03-05-2012, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Yous a greaeeeeeeaaaaat champ

But yous slippin

Im gonna open me a can of butt whuppin

Butt whuppin, butt whuppin, butt whuppin, butt whuppin butt whuppiiiin...

Buuuuuuuuuuuutttttt Whupppiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!. errrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!

Its called Mr. Roper, Mr. Roper

Comment

Lol man Peter Berg was PERFECT in that role. . .

Comment

That movie was just great, I might go watch it again now that you mentioned it Pug.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    Lol I will eradicate the homeless problem, and the homelessness. . . There's a homeless problem in South Dakota. . .

"My blackness alone will beat him"! "But I'm not Irish" "Shutup, it just means you're white!" "Do you covet racism"?

All the characters were spot on parodies of their real life counterparts: Shabazz(Samuel Jackson) = Don King (a little bit of Arum too). . Cheech Marin/Julio; president of the championship organization = Jose Sulaiman. . . Some other parodies as well. .
                    Shabazz = Rock Newman son

Comment

Working...
                    X