No announcement yet.

Chael Sonnen taught tonight.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
    Seriously, if you watch ALL HIS FIGHTS nobody has ever came close of hurting him standing. Not even close. Do you guys believe that Sonnen was the only one good enough to "expose" him?
    I don't recall him facing a competent southpaw before. This was clearly a factor, whether or not it was the primary one.

Comment

Actually he only got knocked down once, lol.

In the 5th he slipped.
      Would have to see it again, the angle was bad. I'll take your word on it. The point still stands, he certainly got rocked multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
        I don't recall him facing a competent southpaw before. This was clearly a factor, whether or not it was the primary one.
        LOL?

Sonnen's striking really sucks dude. I can give you a torrent link to you download all his fights. Really...

Then you come back here and post with a straight face that it was Sonnen's striking abilities that caused Anderson to lose his agility, movement, etc, and forced him to stay frozen in front of Sonnen eating bombs in the first round...

Really?

"Omg, sonnen is southpaw: oh, better forget 23 years of martial arts training and just stood here with my hands down and eat some punches"

Comment

Would have to see it again, the angle was bad. I'll take your word on it. The point still stands, he certainly got rocked multiple times.
          Yep.

Still, I don't remember him getting rocked standing except the first time...

Really, where did you watch the fight? Don't tell me it was a ****ty stream...

Even after the knock down when Anderson put his hands down and ate 3 strong punches it didn't rocked him...

Also, they only stood for about 4 minutes total. Most on the first round.

Comment

LOL?

Sonnen's striking really sucks dude. I can give you a torrent link to you download all his fights. Really...

Then you come back here and post with a straight face that it was Sonnen's striking abilities that caused Anderson to lose his agility, movement, etc, and forced him to stay frozen in front of Sonnen eating bombs in the first round...

Really?

"Omg, sonnen is southpaw: oh, better forget 23 years of martial arts training and just stood here with my hands down and eat some punches"
            And a challenger to Gorilla Dogs has appeared Yes, COMPETENT as in he was capable enough to know what he was doing and land heavy counters. He didn't lose agility, he was dodging as always but directly into shots you ******. Likewise his combinations were crisp but were coming at the wrong angles. Silva was standing there that one time because he was flustered, he was trying to gauge the angles and distance of his punches. You must be blind.

Comment

And a challenger to Gorilla Dogs has appeared Yes, COMPETENT as in he was capable enough to know what he was doing and land heavy counters. He didn't lose agility, he was dodging as always but directly into shots you ******. Likewise his combinations were crisp but were coming at the wrong angles. You must be blind.

LOL. The only "heavy counter" after the first round was the one in the 5th round that you thought it landed.

Sorry but it appears to me you didn't watch the fight nor do you know much about MMA.

Btw, why are you mad?

PS: this discussion reminds me of AA vs FE... Just wait for the HD version and you'll see most punches that you're talking didn't really landed (after the first round)
              Last edited by PopoFreitas; 08-08-2010, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Yep.

Still, I don't remember him getting rocked standing except the first time...

Really, where did you watch the fight? Don't tell me it was a ****ty stream...

Even after the knock down when Anderson put his hands down and ate 3 strong punches it didn't rocked him...

Also, they only stood for about 4 minutes total. Most on the first round.
                They stood for maybe just short of two in the first round, and roughly one minute in each subsequent round except one where it went to the ground very fast if I recall. Silva was getting caught coming in throughout the fight, just in the first round he was actually getting nailed by Sonnen's active offensive rushes. Silva was able to partially adjust after that round, but his over-aggressiveness got him in trouble again multiple times.

Comment

LOL. The only "heavy counter" after the first round was the one in the 5th round that you thought it landed.

Sorry but it appears to me you didn't watch the fight nor do you know much about MMA.

Btw, why are you mad?

PS: this discussion reminds me of AA vs FE... Just wait for the HD version and you'll see most punches that you're talking didn't really landed (after the first round)
                  I'm not mad, you're an obnoxious prick. It appears to me you know nothing about striking or you'd have realized that the southpaw stance was a factor in the problems Silva was having. Silva was trying to fight as though his opponent was standing orthodox. It doesn't take a knockdown for a shot to be damaging. I admitted you're probably right that it was a slip in the fifth round, I didn't watch any recaps. That doesn't change the fact that in most of the exchanges Silva initiated, he was getting caught at the end of his combinations by a counterpunch he didn't see or couldn't avoid.

As for the PS fight, no, most of those shots were obviously not landing solidly, people are just ******ed.

Comment

Silva was able to partially adjust after that round, but his over-aggressiveness got him in trouble again multiple times.
                    Really? I'll take your word for it... Can you point it out for me? Anyway, I'm going to download the fight.

BRB.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember any of those times you mention where chael rocked silva standing and put him in trouble, except that one in the first round and the last one in the fifth where it appeared to be a KD.

Comment

Really? I'll take your word for it... Can you point it out for me? Anyway, I'm going to download the fight.

BRB.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember any of those times you mention where chael rocked silva standing and put him in trouble, except that one in the first round and the last one in the fifth where it appeared to be a KD.
                      I don't have the fight downloaded, I'd have to see it again. Most of them came in the first round or immediately prior to takedowns in the later rounds. Like I said, they were single shots slipping in, he was definitely on the retreat for most of the exchanges 2-5. I don't even think Sonnen was actively aiming for counters, he was just throwing and due to the angle they were landing as counters because Silva would be following through at the end of a combination.

Comment

Working...
                      X