No announcement yet.

Israeli ground troops enter Gaza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tunney
    The BBC is much, much better than Fox News - the information is presented clearly and intelligently, and sometimes you actually get both sides of an event in the Middle East. Our Canadian CBC is okay too.
    The BBC is no better than FOX or CNN.. only their slant is different..

You sir, are a leftist.. and by instinct, you believe in leftist ideas.. and therefore think anything Right wing is wrong..

That is why the BBC is so appealing to you..

I trust neither the left nor the right.. nor the center.. Which is why I know The BBC is no better than CNN or Fox..

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
      DUDE... the BBC is the most Lefist controlled Media outlet on the planet.. their BIAS is legendary..

if the BBC says it.. it's probably half true or not true at all..
      Nonsense. I suggest you read the findings of the BBC's own governers which found a pro israel slant:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle712471.ece

THE BBC’S coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict implicitly favours the Israeli side, a study for the BBC Governors has concluded.

Deaths of Israelis received greater coverage than Palestinian fatalities, while Israelis received more airtime on news and current affairs programmes. The references to “identifiable shortcomings” surprised BBC News executives, who are more used to accusations that their coverage is routinely anti-Israel.

Only “a small percentage of Palestinian fatalities were reported by BBC News”, the analysis, published yesterday, noted, while “the killing of more than one Israeli by Palestinians either by gun or bomb was reported on national broadcast programmes”.

At the same time, there was “little reporting of the difficulties faced by the Palestinians in their daily lives” and a “failure to convey adequately the disparity in the Israeli and Palestinian experience, reflecting the fact that one side is in control and the other side lives under occupation”.

Led by Sir Quentin Thomas, the president of the British Board of Film Classification, the Governors’ study group analysed a period between August 2005 and January this year in which 98 Palestinians were killed and there were up to 23 Israeli fatalities.

The findings were seized upon by pro-Palestinian groups. Chris Doyle, director of the Council for Arab-British Understanding, said: “When research consistently shows that fatalities from one side of a conflict — the party that has by far the least number — are more frequently covered, then this must raise alarm bells.”

However, the Thomas inquiry also argued that the BBC should be less cautious over its use of the the word “terrorism” because “that is the most accurate expression for actions which involve violence against randomly selected civilians”.

The panel relied on research by Loughborough University for its conclusions about the coverage of deaths in the conflict, as well as the calculation that more “talk time” was given to non-party political Israelis, thereby tipping the balance away from Palestinians.

The report focuses on news and current affairs output during the period when Orla Guerin was the BBC’s Middle East Correspondent and concluded that there was “little to suggest deliberate or systematic bias” in the coverage of the conflict. “On the contrary, there was evidence of a commitment to be fair, accurate and impartial,” it said.

Instead, to rectify the problems, journalists were advised not to always highlight events accompanied by dramatic pictures, but concentrate on in-depth items that would reflect “shifts in Palestinian society and politics”.

The Thomas panel also suggested that a senior editor be appointed to oversee coverage of the conflict as a whole.

Michael Grade, the Chairman of the Governors, said that he would ask news bosses to come back with their response to the report next month.

Sir Quentin said: “What the BBC does now is good for the most part; some of it very good. But it could and should do better to meet the gold standard which it sets itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
        DUDE... the BBC is the most Lefist controlled Media outlet on the planet.. their BIAS is legendary..

if the BBC says it.. it's probably half true or not true at all..

....I once posted a thread with evidence showing how biased and full of **** the BBC is. It's no better than a tabloid really.

Comment

Watch Al-Jazeera if you want REAL UN BIASED NEWS.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
            Nonsense. I suggest you read the findings of the BBC's own governers which found a pro israel slant:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle712471.ece

THE BBC’S coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict implicitly favours the Israeli side, a study for the BBC Governors has concluded.

Deaths of Israelis received greater coverage than Palestinian fatalities, while Israelis received more airtime on news and current affairs programmes. The references to “identifiable shortcomings” surprised BBC News executives, who are more used to accusations that their coverage is routinely anti-Israel.

Only “a small percentage of Palestinian fatalities were reported by BBC News”, the analysis, published yesterday, noted, while “the killing of more than one Israeli by Palestinians either by gun or bomb was reported on national broadcast programmes”.

At the same time, there was “little reporting of the difficulties faced by the Palestinians in their daily lives” and a “failure to convey adequately the disparity in the Israeli and Palestinian experience, reflecting the fact that one side is in control and the other side lives under occupation”.

Led by Sir Quentin Thomas, the president of the British Board of Film Classification, the Governors’ study group analysed a period between August 2005 and January this year in which 98 Palestinians were killed and there were up to 23 Israeli fatalities.

The findings were seized upon by pro-Palestinian groups. Chris Doyle, director of the Council for Arab-British Understanding, said: “When research consistently shows that fatalities from one side of a conflict — the party that has by far the least number — are more frequently covered, then this must raise alarm bells.”

However, the Thomas inquiry also argued that the BBC should be less cautious over its use of the the word “terrorism” because “that is the most accurate expression for actions which involve violence against randomly selected civilians”.

The panel relied on research by Loughborough University for its conclusions about the coverage of deaths in the conflict, as well as the calculation that more “talk time” was given to non-party political Israelis, thereby tipping the balance away from Palestinians.

The report focuses on news and current affairs output during the period when Orla Guerin was the BBC’s Middle East Correspondent and concluded that there was “little to suggest deliberate or systematic bias” in the coverage of the conflict. “On the contrary, there was evidence of a commitment to be fair, accurate and impartial,” it said.

Instead, to rectify the problems, journalists were advised not to always highlight events accompanied by dramatic pictures, but concentrate on in-depth items that would reflect “shifts in Palestinian society and politics”.

The Thomas panel also suggested that a senior editor be appointed to oversee coverage of the conflict as a whole.

Michael Grade, the Chairman of the Governors, said that he would ask news bosses to come back with their response to the report next month.

Sir Quentin said: “What the BBC does now is good for the most part; some of it very good. But it could and should do better to meet the gold standard which it sets itself.
            Ok ..SO I am saying the BBC is Leftist and therefore pro Palestine.... and you present a piece from it's governors saying that not enough is being done to show the suffering of the aggressors..

The reporters just want to report news.. The Governors are the leftist pigs which will now censor to their staff to have a more pro Palestinian slant..

Thank you for proving my point..

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
              "Hype up" the conflict?

What are you ******ed?
              Surely you can't so reality-challenged to not know people are dying there. Yes people like me and you. Not Aliens, families like mine and yours, friends like mine and yours, neighbors like mine and yours.

FFS mate, atleast try to show some sympathy for the people there. Especially those with young family members and old family memberswho will no doubt suffer the most without the basic needs.
              **** em. What about all the people in Africa that die on a daily basis?

Comment

Originally posted by JACK BURTON View Post
                **** em. What about all the people in Africa that die on a daily basis?
                You're a Moron. Seriously. A redneck if i ever saw one.

i have come accross some Reality-Starved people on the internet, but that comment just takes the cake.

What about the people in Africa? Yes it's bad, it's awful. But does that mean we can allow massacres like this to ensue??

You know what, im not even going to bother, idiot

Comment

Originally posted by minion View Post
                  You're a Moron. Seriously. A redneck if i ever saw one.

i have come accross some Reality-Starved people on the internet, but that comment just takes the cake.

What about the people in Africa? Yes it's bad, it's awful. But does that mean we can allow massacres like this to ensue??

You know what, im not even going to bother, idiot
                  Then why do we let the massacre to continue in Africa? Are the Palestinians and Jews more important than Africans? How about letting the two settle the beef. Constantly jumping in is only dragging this conflict out longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney
                    Big difference.

In Africa, the US at least wanted to stop the massacres, although they didn't do as much as they should have.

In Palestine, the US is supporting it - they are accomplices, supplying armaments and unconditionally backing the Israelis no matter what they do.
                    So the USA will risk an armed Conflict with Russia over some Albanian Muslims.. But didn't do as much as they "should have" in Africa???

They did absolutely nothing in Africa.. not a thing.. NO ONE DID..

The difference.. The Israeli Hamas Conflict Is an ARMED conflict between 2 waring factions.. There is NO massacre going on.. There are Civilian casualties on BOTH sides as well as Military ..

In Africa.. it was ethnic cleansing.. With only 1 side armed.. and Only civilians as the casualties.. and the numbers were staggering in comparison to the to conflict in Gaza..

Comment

The Wall they are building in the West Bank is stealing Palestine land. The sad thing is they are paying Palestinians to build it. They are pretty much building their own jail, which I find quite disheartening.

There will be no peace when there is Israeli settlement on Palestine land.

Comment

Working...
                      X