Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Eyes Klitschko Fight in May, June in Germany

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Eyes Klitschko Fight in May, June in Germany

TYSON FURY claims Wladimir Klitschko has agreed to fight him next year – and the ­British boxer has vowed to knock him out in Germany.

The Morecambe heavyweight must first get past American Kevin Johnson in Belfast on Saturday but says his team has already had talks with the Ukrainian world No.1.

Fury, 24, is chasing a scrap with Wladimir – the WBA, WBO and IBF champion – rather than his elder brother Vitali, the WBC king.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Whoever he chooses to fight, he's screwed anyway. No hope for Fury in either fight IMO.

Comment

He has a decent shot, it will be wlads 2nd toughest fight after haye

Fury is sloppy but he has huge power and uses his height very well

Wlad should win it but with heavyweights you can win with 1 big punch

wlad will not be able to hold him much, so it will be interesting to see this fight

Comment

is he ready for wladimir?

he's beaten some good journeymen like rogan, maddalone & firtha. he survived a scare vs the tough pajkic(although the fight was stopped way too early imo)& has a solid win vs chisora. he is talking klitschko & he hasn't even gotten past kevin johnson yet. kingpin is big, has a great jab & can box. he is like a big version of chris byrd. he was nowhere near ready to fight a klitschko when he did but fury is not at that level yet so this will be a tough fight for fury. kingpin is defensive & can take a punch. i rate chisora higher then kingpin due to level of opposition but a win over johnson is a great step forward but i still don't think he is ready. fury can take out all the C+ level fighters & a win over kingpin would add a 2nd B level fringe contender to his resume but i think he needs a win over a legit top contender like pulev, helenius, adamek, haye or arreola before i will actually consider him ready. povetkin, haye, helenius, pulev are the top contenders while arreola & adamek are just outside the door. i'm not sure fury beats any of them. until he does i won't lift him past B level fringe contender status.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          He has a decent shot, it will be wlads 2nd toughest fight after haye
          Haye wasn't Wladimir's toughest fight. Disregarding the 3 losses, Sultan Ibragimov and Samuel Peter were WK's toughest 2 fights, and the judges' score cards reflect this. So, at best, Haye was Wladimir's 6th toughest fight (although I would have him at 7th after DeVaryll Williamson); should the fight go ahead, Fury might be the 7th (or 8th).
          Last edited by White_Knight; 11-25-2012, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
            Haye wasn't Wladimir's toughest fight. Disregarding the 3 losses, Sultan Ibragimov and Samuel Peter were WK's toughest 2 fights, and the judges' score cards reflect this. So, at best, Haye was Wladimir's 6th toughest fight (although I would have him at 7th after DeVaryll Williamson); should the fight go ahead, Fury might be the 7th (or 8th).
            Depends on how you look at it. Wlad clearly wasn't at the level he is now when he fought Sam Peter the first time, or with any of his three losses. Since becoming more or less the recognized champion of the HW division, I would agree Haye was the toughest fight. Ibragimov didn't push him, it was just an overall stinker - possibly the worst i've ever seen. He was pushed by Haye, and pushed back - But the scores didn't reflect how even it was. Especially for the first 6 rounds and the last 2. rounds 7-10 were Wlad's easy. IMO the others were so close.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Depends on how you look at it. Wlad clearly wasn't at the level he is now when he fought Sam Peter the first time, or with any of his three losses. Since becoming more or less the recognized champion of the HW division, I would agree Haye was the toughest fight. Ibragimov didn't push him, it was just an overall stinker - possibly the worst i've ever seen. He was pushed by Haye, and pushed back - But the scores didn't reflect how even it was. Especially for the first 6 rounds and the last 2. rounds 7-10 were Wlad's easy. IMO the others were so close.
              It can't possibly be the toughest fight when he went down 3 times against Peter and has 3 other loses on his record. It is true Wladimir was less experienced and wiley at the time, but he was also younger and quicker. DeVaryll Williamson knocked Wladimir down in their short fight. Stanley Chistadoulou and Adelaide Bird are 2 of the most respected judges in the world and they had Wlad winning by 6 and 8 point respectively. Furthermore, this fight took place when Wladimir was older than Mayweather was when he fought Cotto.

Comment

"Fury is sloppy but he has huge power and uses his height very well"??? - There´s one major error in that sentence..

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  Wlad was ULTRA defensive in that fight, he landed one shot, grabbed or shot backwards to avoid any hurt

why? because he knew haye was very dangerous and was a good boxer, he played it incredibly safe

as I said before, anyone can get lucky with one shot at heavyweight, what happened to wlad happened to lewis, a stupid mistake that guys like peter made wlad pay

in terms of quality, haye has been wlads toughest fighter, I know you hate him but think of it subjectively mate

fury is a good heavyweight, he will give wlad a test, I promise you that. He can win because he has huge power but most likely wlad will win a decision

Just want to add, wlad fought the perfect fight vs Haye, if he was not ultra defensive, he could have very well and in my opinion would have been knocked out. But he fought smart, used his advantages, hit and then got in a very safe position, if haye got in, he grabbed him.

Comment

Wladimir will take him apart, unfortunatly for Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                    X