Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will a Prime Matt Saad Muhammad do in today's 168-175 Division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
    Against the likes of
    Froch-Kesller-Dawson-Campllio,Cloud,Cleavely,Ward,Abraham, Pavlik, Bute, etc
    The only one with any kind of chance would be Ward. Froch would make it a good fight, but he would lose. The others get knocked out clean with no second thoughts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      The only one with any kind of chance would be Ward. Froch would make it a good fight, but he would lose. The others get knocked out clean with no second thoughts about it.
      In today's quick hook era, Froch might have a shot in a war but he hasn't been at 75 so who knows. In Saad's day, he probably rallies from the brink of death to win a great fight.

Ward? Who knows. Saad would have hit him more than he's ever been hit. Fascinating clash.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        He would chase Chad Dawson out of the ****ing ring. And what has Kessler done at 175 to even suggest he'd be competitive? You could be certain that Kessler would be boxing rather than slugging too if he wanted to go the distance.
        Nothing I have seen suggest Kesler's chin/punch resistance won't carry over to 175. Kesler is the more versatile fighter and could dictate the fight to Muhammad, I think Kesler's strategy would be to and use his superior technique, Kesler's chin can handle better than Muhammad's chin could IMO

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Nothing I have seen suggest Kesler's chin/punch resistance won't carry over to 175. Kesler is the more versatile fighter and could dictate the fight to Muhammad, I think Kesler's strategy would be to and use his superior technique, Kesler's chin can handle better than Muhammad's chin could IMO
          This guy got it after all he did knock out Allen green

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
            Froch- Carl would win, possibly a wide UD or late stoppage

Kesller- Kessler would stop him

Dawson- Dawson would win a decision, might be close

Campllio- Campillo gets beat, he doesn't have the power to dissuade Saad

Cloud- A stoppage looks on the cards

Cleverly- 50/50

Ward- Beats him, winning every round, might even get a late stoppage.

Abraham- Abraham's power might see him get a win in a very close fight/

Pavlik- Same as above

Bute- This is a tricky one, Bute might not handle Saad's considerable power, he was by no means a wrecking machine but his right hand was a real power shot. 50/50

Quite possibly the worst breakdown in the history of the History forum.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              This kind of clueless BS is more funny than anything else.
              wow, I'm sorry, I didn't know you guys knew exactly how a fighter from 2-3 decades ago would do against todays smw-lhw, please let me know where you got your crystal balls from. You geniuses.

Anyway, guys don't hit as hard as Kessler or Froch ko'd Saad. So yeah, I think I know what I'm talking about. The guy fought well one day, got hammered the next. So stop the

Comment

wow, I'm sorry, I didn't know you guys knew exactly how a fighter from 2-3 decades ago would do against todays smw-lhw, please let me know where you got your crystal balls from. You geniuses.

Anyway, guys don't hit as hard as Kessler or Froch ko'd Saad. So yeah, I think I know what I'm talking about. The guy fought well one day, got hammered the next. So stop the
                Kessler and Froch hit harder than Qawi? I call

Comment

Saad Muhammad in his prime was never stopped by a super middleweight. And Froch or Kessler have never beaten a lightheavy anywhere near that level. I'm sure you've seen the current guys fight, but it appears that you know nothing of MSM's title reign. And I know this from my crystal balls.

Comment

We have crystal balls, while you obviously have crystal meth. Nothing else could explain your warped thinking.

Comment

Without getting to involved with this I'll just say that Matt had a very tuff life starting from a child and any accomplishments he had were because he had a huge heart. His wins were celebrated and the defeats had more meaning then anyone here could possibly know!
                      Matt trained with me twice for his championship bouts and was a hard worker who could punch like a mule!! I don't know most of the boxers in this "fantasy" match up other than Dawson who could never beat Matt when Matt was at his best! Ward would have to stay AWAY from him and be carefull not to exchange he'd need to be in & out and could possibly out point him. Pavlik at his best might hang with him for a while but Matt punched much harder than Pavlik.
                      As I said I haven't watched the other men fight so I can't comment. If Matt had a solid foundation of people behind him he could have and would have done more positive things in the sport. The fact that he made to his teens is amzing in its self. I'll leave it at that.

I worked pads with him and he sparred at my gym with Stevie Cotton (middle)Whimpy Halstead (LtHvy)and Kenny Schimidt (Hvy) and when he left he was ready! All boxing people who know him loved that kid, he's a gentle soul!! Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X