Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ray Leonard: Mayweather, Pacquiao are Hurting Legacies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on, I have read multiple biographies on both Leonard and Pryor, the truth is that Pryor was offered an "all time high payday", but it was around 5% of Leonard's purse. No champion with any pride would accept those terms. Imagine Floyd accepting those terms before ODLH. Would never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by aharris52 View Post
      Come on, I have read multiple biographies on both Leonard and Pryor, the truth is that Pryor was offered an "all time high payday", but it was around 5% of Leonard's purse. No champion with any pride would accept those terms. Imagine Floyd accepting those terms before ODLH. Would never happen.
      I think the 40 mil guarantee Floyd offered Manny was a bit more than 5%, bro. Manny has tax troubles at home in Asia, and promoter woes in the US... He'll eventually have to fight Floyd strictly for the money, but you better believe team Mayweather is gonna bend him overat the negotiating table.

Comment

I think Sugar Ray Leonard has a point. But, then reality will tell us that the fight won't happen. Floyd Jr goes to jail, and Pacman gonna retire and concentrate on his political career.

Comment

Originally posted by aharris52 View Post
          You can't compare Floyd and Pryor at the point where Floyd fought Oscar because Floyd was already then considered P4P #1 fighter in the world. Pryor was a campaigning Jr Welterweight who was still gaining notoriety (before the 1st Arguello fight). Two completely different situations. Pryor would've made his biggest payday, and if he'd beaten Leonard he was on the map.

Comment

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
            I got 2 words for Lil Ray Ray, Aaron Pryor.
            This pusshy azs half a f@gg got his nerve, Ray was/still is about money. I can't stand this cup cake, sweet candy azz OVER RATED PUNK....
            HAWK TIME BIATCH!
            ill find the interview it was after one of his fights but pryor stated he turned down the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              Scared of him? He offered him the biggest pay-day of his life at a weight he had moved up past. Pryor didn't take it. At no time were they in the same weight class.

Why would he be scared of Pryor and not Duran?
              He was scared of hearns and hagler...come on man, we all kno Ray had to muster up the courage to fight those guys...Dude was shaking in his drawlz

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                He offered Pryor the biggest payday of is career and he turned it down. There's been stories of Pryor and Leonard going at it in sparring, but the same has happened with Peterson and Mayweather during their sparring sessions where Peterson apparently put it on Floyd, yet is Floyd scared to fight Peterson?
                Floyd and Peterson never had fight negotiations, and never been in talks to fight...SRL Virtually ducked Pryor cuz Pryor used to rape him in sparring...two different things

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  He was scared of hearns and hagler...come on man, we all kno Ray had to muster up the courage to fight those guys...Dude was shaking in his drawlz
                  He won. Scared or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    He won. Scared or not.
                    Thats true, but he still was scared ****less, and took long time to fight them, so you have reasons to believe that he was scared of pryor as well! We all know he aint want another go at Hagler.

Comment

There are similar characteristics in the Aaron Pryon/Leonard fight and the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. 40 million dollars is a lot more money than Pacquiao has ever made. He shouldve taken what he could get. Now, he has to fork up a huge chunk of his paycheck to Bob Arum. Both fighters have done more than enough to cement their respective legacies. No matter what they do, there will always be some skeptics who believe that they shouldve fought someone.

Comment

Working...
                      X