No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs Ortiz: 1.25 Million Buys, Record Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FistO View Post
    That's 1.25million ROBBERY. I really am sorry for the stupid fu.cks who bought Gayweather's fight. I have been telling you fu.cks that the fight is going to be FIXED, and none of you fu.cks listened. So Gayweather got you fu.cked in your ass for being a stupid dumbass who actually paid to make him richer. NOW I FU.CKIN HOPE YOU ALL LEARNED YOUR LESSON. NEVER BUY A GAYWEATHER PPV AGAIN! I can yell at all of you because I have never bought a Gayweather PPV. Never have, Never will. I don't care if I have to watch him lose in a cheap bootleg HD-RIP from demonoid. I don't give a FU.CK. But I am not giving Gayweather $70 for a RIP-OFF fight.
    uhhh so pacs fights are ppv worthy??? same shiaat probably even worse because they are always against lesser competetion your not getting a good or even worthy fight when you order a pacman fight your getting a fan club concert they arent even fights.the mayweather fight wa a ripoff indeed and felt that ortiz wouldve given the gay one many problems as he was starting to land flush, the gayone took the sucker punch because he had to.as gay as fraudweather is he fights better dudes.timing is everything by the time pac fights somebody its long since past the point when it means anything.pac vs jmm 3 ??? whats that fight mean now??? and thats an upgrade! enuff said.....
    Last edited by boxingfan76; 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lacson View Post
      Why would Top Rank lie with a high number. It would be to their benefit to lie with a lower number. Don't forget Pacquiao has a cut in PPV, the higher the number the more goes to Pacquiao. If Top Rank lies with a bigger number, Pacquiao will be asking for his cut based on that number. I got a feeling Top Rank is probably lying with a lower number and keeping more for themselves.
      pacroid gets robbed he get's paid in the dark.. he doesn't even know how much he is supposed to get paid.. a joke and is broke..

Comment

• Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
        Couldn’t care less what the numbers are.

I still don’t know why this bothers people SO much.
        It does matter it tells us the sport is in good standing we got 2 guys Pac and May makeing big numbers THATS A GOOD THING

Comment

• I expected 1.3 so I wasn't that far off, again, great numbers. So why are some people bitchin'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            I expected 1.3 so I wasn't that far off, again, great numbers. So why are some people bitchin'?
            It hurts to be wrong?

Comment

• I'm confussed and excuse me for having a business degree and a bottom line approach. Floyd has fought 3 times in 4 years with roughly 3.7 mil during those 4 years. Manny has outsold Floyd in each of those years. It is simple math Manny fans are being asked to buy 8 fights in 4 years to Floyd's 3. So, yes Floyd might have .25 higher numbers per one night. But, on sure numbers Manny numbers kills Floyd. I don't understand how you can be the PPV king when you don't sell the most PPVs. During the last 4 years Manny fans had 8 fights to chose from if they only tunned into half that's more than Floyd's 3. Asking fans to shell out $440 is a lot more than $170. A great marketing tool to get one night numbers. Hey Floyd fans see something that happens once every 16 months vs. Hey Pacquiao fans see something that happens every 6 months. More is more. If Floyd fought more his per fight numbers will drop because people will not shell out the same to see him fight Ortiz every six months. But every 16 months is not asking much to see your guy even if he is fighting an relative unknown. Not trying to start a Floyd vs. Pac war on here but I just have a problem when guys like Schafer tries to pull wool over the public's eyes. In the last 4 years Manny has sold more PPV fights period end of story. He is the PPV king... The Mc Rib out sells the Big Mac for 4 weeks a year. But, the Big Mac out sells the Mc Rib Every Year. If you want to know why his one night numbers are slightly higher, I think I answered that above... The guy who sell the most PPV a year is the PPV king. Is that hard to understand???
              Last edited by Stl_Buay; 10-28-2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                danrafaelespn Dan Rafael
                The Mayweather-Ortiz fight generated $78,440,000 in PPV revenue, making it the 2nd-highest grossing non-heavyweight PPV ever. #boxing

Wonder what his haters will say now? But good job Money.
                Yes, however let's n remember, or at least, not forget, that the price was about 20% higher for this fight than any others............. So on an even keel, what does that make it??

Comment

• Now that we know Pac's ready to take unlimited olympic style testing, what did Mayweather say?

"I don't need to fight Pacquiao, my legacy is already cemented. I can fight anyone and still make 40 million, I don't need him."

At some level, I think we all knew Floyd never wanted to fight Manny, what a crying shame......

Comment

• I didn't quite get why people thought it did bad, there was to much buzz about the ending for it to have really skimped by.

Good for everyone involved~

Comment

• 13 pages on PPV numbers! Just goes to show that no matter if Floyd is a awful example of a human being he is the most talked about fighter. Money is boxing. From fans, media, Arum, Roach, Ariza, Pac, Bradley, Nacho, MArtinez, and others, whether its good or bad everyone seems to want to talk about him. And he hasnt even said anything lately.

This is getting more pages than Pac vs JMM fight and this is just PPV numbers. Crazy

Comment

Working...
                      X