Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Jennings beating Wladimir Klitschko......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be a shocker if Jennings were to snap it off, but it wouldn't be a Tyson-Douglas level event. Really, not many fights these days can reach that type of WTF just happened?!?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Some amazing upsets of the year from 2006-present:

2006: Baldomir W12 Judah
      2008: Hopkins W12 Pavlik
      2011: Ishida KO1 Kirkland

And right before '06, 2005 Raheem beating Morales, after Morales beat Pacquiao.

Other upsets from 06-present: Prescott-Khan, Pacquiao-De La Hoya.
      Of the six post-2006 fights you listed, only Baldomir vs Judah even compares to Jennings beating Wlad. And Baldomir had much more of a track record pre-Judah than Jennings has now.

Ishida KO'ing Kirkland was shocking but there was nothing high-profile about that fight. Same with Khan vs Prescott. And I said "biggest high-profile upset".

Hopkins beating Pavlik and Manny beating DHL weren't really upsets in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
        Of the six post-2006 fights you listed, only Baldomir vs Judah even compares to Jennings beating Wlad. And Baldomir had much more of a track record pre-Judah than Jennings has now.

Ishida KO'ing Kirkland was shocking but there was nothing high-profile about that fight. Same with Khan vs Prescott. And I said "biggest high-profile upset".

Hopkins beating Pavlik and Manny beating DHL weren't really upsets in my eyes.
        Jennings is the #6 HW in the world though, he's not (officially) a no-mark and Wlad is an aging champion at 38.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Jennings is the #6 HW in the world though, he's not (officially) a no-mark and Wlad is an aging champion at 38.
          I know. I never said Jennings is an absolute bum but he looked very mediocre vs Szpilka and Perez. He has no more than the puncher's chance every Wlad opponent has. And the last time someone managed to take advantage of that chance was in 2004.

So yes, Jennings beating Wlad would be the biggest big-fight upset of my boxing fandom.

Comment

Working...
          X