No announcement yet.

The Official Mike "Mile High" Alvarado vs. Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Rios has done nothing at 140. Nada, This a huge risk in fighting Mike at 140 for his debut. And as you can see many favor Mike. As do I, Not sure why people overrate Rios TBH. The Acosta wins looks less and less impressive. Anthony Peterson still hasn't done anything.
    come on man, rios is a big dude. he will have no problem stepping up another 5lbs. the way hes been walking through bombs from some of the best punchers at 135 and knocking guys out left and right 140 wont be that big a diffrence. only diffrence to me is he will be better by not having to drain himself so much.

rios is still stronger than alvarado imo even though hes moving up and i expect him to be heavier in the ring. 135 or 140 doeant matter, you have to box rios at either weight. now thats far from impossible, the mans boxing skills leave plenty to be desired. but anyone who stands in front of him and goes to war will be in massive trouble. more so now when he isnt dead at the weight.

alvarado doesnt know any other way to fight and will probably get KO'd.

Comment

What's really getting left out by people saying Alvarado will get KO'd is people forgetting his chin is pretty good too.

It's a 50-50 fight. Rios has never fought anyone nearly as big as him.

Comment

I'm going with Alvarado on this.

Comment

I don't know who's gonna win & quite frankly it doesn't matter to me who wins. I just wanna see it sooo bad!!

Comment

Rios by knockout. Nobody is bullying him in the ring.

Comment

Cant wait for this, potential Fight of the Year. C'mon Bam Bam!

Comment

these two can do nothing but go to war.

this is what it i will look like:

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                  Rios by knockout. Nobody is bullying him in the ring.
                  the punches that rios ate up at 135 will have an effect when they're coming from men at 140 and 147
                  trust.

rios has probably peaked.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    the punches that rios ate up at 135 will have an effect when they're coming from men at 140 and 147
                    trust.

rios has probably peaked.
                    this is what i was thinking as well. He doesnt have to cut as much anymore so thats a plus, but fighting the way he fights against bigger men can only spell doom in the long run. Somebody's gonna crack dat chin and i can definitely see Al doing it

Comment

Alvarado by decision, this is gonna be FOTY-caliber fight and I can't wait. I'm more impressed with Alvarado getting busted up by Prescott to then make a comeback, than I am with anything Rios has done.

Of course, Alvarado's style plays right into Rios' game-plan, but I'm not convinced that he'll be able to bulldoze him. Alvarado is a sturdy fighter with decent pop and stamina. A winnable fight for either guy.

Somebody's 0 has got to go.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-03-2012, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X