Arum: "We're talking with the builders tomorrow [Wednesday.]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by TheSurgeonMDMPH View Post
      Look at this cheerleader! Continue. Plz. LMAO!
      You're a mindless "goop". I just posted the information from an Arum comment, shown on Boxingscene a few weeks ago, which judging by the unceasing babble, seems not to have been seen by any of the mindless nincumpoops who regularly dribble their drek on this site. Maybe they have no reading kills, or info retention. You seem to be wanting to join them, with your gratuitous insults.

And you, in your less than polite eagerness to score"points' with the "un-intelligensia" of the BoxingScene site, have labelled it "cheerleader", a silly, pointless dullness.....

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        they certainly would have been asked to give estimates on their prices and the amount of time it would take before the fighters established that they were fighting

this stadium (if it will do what arum says it does) will have a huge impact on the contract they sign and the garantees they get
        you cant do any negotiating without at least the estimates.
        Estimates don't take much time. That would have saved them a few days. What will take time is if they need like zoning permits or anything but even with that, you can't send in a formal request for them unless you know that's where you're gonna do the fight.

You guys are making me feel like I'm defending Arum haha. I'm just as pi$$ed at him as the rest of you, I just disagree on blaming him for not getting the stadium started earlier.

Comment

Pac should tell Arum to shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            Estimates don't take much time. That would have saved them a few days. What will take time is if they need like zoning permits or anything but even with that, you can't send in a formal request for them unless you know that's where you're gonna do the fight.

You guys are making me feel like I'm defending Arum haha. I'm just as pi$$ed at him as the rest of you, I just disagree on blaming him for not getting the stadium started earlier.
            Now you know how i feel.

I believe both Arum and Manny are lying to the public (mostly Arum), but the moment i call out Floyds intentions on making the fight im suddenly a *******.

Comment

Nah man, he definitely could not have. How are you going to be investing a large sum of money into constructing a temporary stadium when:

1. The opponent is under legal troubles...was sentenced to prison than got it delayed the day he was to report to jail.

2. The two sides never agreed in any way shape or form to stage the fight there.

In order to get the process started you need all of that hashed out first. You don't go start building something like that under the hope that you can come to an agreement to stage the fight there later.

Either way, my point is just give up on the stadium, it's a great idea but it's not necessary. Making the fight is what's necessary.

I remember the time when people were saying Pac should drop the lawsuit so that Floyd can fight him.

No I'm not insinuating anything, but suddenly the lawsuit doesn't matter to Floyd no more and he's raring to go.

Comment

its my stance that there's plenty he could have done to prepare for this stadium business, and that he's looking to complicate and stretch the time frame out to avoid the fight

these guys are powerful enough in vegas to get whatever the hell they need as quickly as possible.

i think the complications stemming from the stadium are fabricated and intended to avoid the fight on arum's end

Comment

Nah man, he definitely could not have. How are you going to be investing a large sum of money into constructing a temporary stadium when:

1. The opponent is under legal troubles...was sentenced to prison than got it delayed the day he was to report to jail.

2. The two sides never agreed in any way shape or form to stage the fight there.

In order to get the process started you need all of that hashed out first. You don't go start building something like that under the hope that you can come to an agreement to stage the fight there later.

Either way, my point is just give up on the stadium, it's a great idea but it's not necessary. Making the fight is what's necessary.
                  You negotiate. Many ways you can work things out. You have to WANT to. Instead, he said he didn't want to. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                    Pac should tell Arum to shut the **** up.
                    Would you talk to your dad like that?

Comment

Anyone can see that it's starting to look that way....the insults are really starting to fly and the bad blood is building. It will only get harder to make the fight after this.

Can't blame Arum for not getting this started sooner. To get this started sooner you need a commitment from the other side. And it's not his fault that one day Floyd was going to prison and the next day he wasn't. That was kind of a last minute thing....actually it was literally a last minute thing. So late in the day on January 6th is when the fight became a possibility...it's only the 18th and their squabbling on other **** plus the stadium thing.

The stadium thing, while a great idea, just puts too much of a wrench in to the negotations and it's just not worth it. Get the fight done.
                      After the Marquez fight Floyd was already making his intentions clear. Arum could had said something during that time or even throw the idea out there from way before.

I don't believe that Arum has any intention in trying to make the fight.

-First it was that the cut wouldn't heal
                      -That Floyd was going to jail and all of the sudden Pac was available for May
                      -They are leaving too much money if the dont do the fight in a stadium that doesn't even exist
                      -The right person to negotiate from the Floyd side hasn't call to negotiate
                      -Floyd doesn't have anybody to guarantee his purse

Arum is full of excuses, he has not shame and says that he doesn't negotiate through the public which he obviously do

I don't believe anything that Arum says, he has always been this way since I remember
                      Last edited by TOBYLEE1; 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X