No announcement yet.

The real losers are the people who paid for flights to see Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real losers are the people who paid for flights to see Khan

Well GBP has probably lost a lot flying to London and LA etc... and HBO too but what about the fans?

**** like 4 or 5 K bought tickets apparently. I would imagine most would lose out on depostits at least and half will be muslims so a trip to Vegas won't be any good since they don't gamble LOL.

I hope this doesn't put fans off for his next fight. That would be **** but it is a lot of money to go to America.

It would be cool if Khan fought in the UK next as a thank you for the support.

Yeah, those people got F'ed over. Hope they can at best just make an impromptu vacation somewhere in the USA, but that's gotta be disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Uns View Post
      and half will be muslims so a trip to Vegas won't be any good since they don't gamble
      If you want to blame someone for this it's Khan/GBP for constantly asking Khans muslim fanbase to travel to casion's for his fights. But normally, a replacement would be brought in.

Comment

If that was pacquiao in khan's place it would be different.

Just like when we saw margarito(a KNOWN cheater) taking that powder right before their fight and refused a urine test. Roach wanted to stop it unless he provided a piss test, but Pacquiao said i'll fight him anyway.

That's some ATG ****. I don't understand how anyone can hate on Pacquiao. Margarito ALREADY outweighed him by 15+ pounds
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-10-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post

Just like when we saw margarito(a KNOWN cheater) taking that powder right before their fight and refused a urine test. Roach wanted to stop it unless he provided a piss test, but Pacquiao said i'll fight him anyway.

That's some ATG ****. I don't understand how anyone can hate on Pacquiao. Margarito ALREADY outweighed him by 15+ pounds
          Peterson was caught and not given a license. I dunno what Marg took but it's Pac's fault for not having random testing in the first place, and I am a Pac fan.

Anyway this is about Khan and his fans. Why do people always try to bring in May and Pac FFS.

It's a recession and yes they could go holiday there, but I'd bet they would want a refund and go to his next fight.

Comment

Can't they just cancel the flight tickets? I always buy plane tickets on credit card.

Comment

What about the boxers on the undercard who all spent time and money training for weeks and now because of what Peterson has done it means that they wont get paid .. Those are the guys i feel most sorry for, along with Khan too. They put in a lot of work only to get the opportunity snatched away from them by Team Peterson's failures.

Comment

Fighting a guy who drank a cup of coffee. ATG status right there.

Comment

The real losers are people who WOULD pay to see Amir Khan.

In all seriousness, GBP should give them credit towards a future fight (on TOP of the refund). That way, the savings on ticket may offset any airline change fees or rebooking costs and inconvenience.
                  Last edited by Gino Ros; 05-10-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

From memory, did Margarito not just do that because Roach refused to re-wrap Pac's hands?

I recall Margarito's team complaining about the 'stack' wraps and the 'rope tape' between his fingers. After that happened, I thought they did that drink thing purely to get one back at Roach.

Comment

Working...
                    X