Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 25 Greatest Manny Pacquiao Fights (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

already in the top 5 ATG IMHO
    when he beats mayweather he will be TBE

Comment

Originally posted by alessio View Post
      With his fighting style, it 's amazing to see him still fight at his age.
      i love watching pre ROACH pac.

he wasn't as good but man what a banger and good at putting on pressure.

love how he use to work the body.

under roach he never did enough body work.

Comment

great stuff man!!

My top 10 favourite Pacquiao fights have got to be as follows (I'd make a top 25 list too but I'm too lazy lol):

1. Pacquiao v Barrera I - seriously can never forget this fight, Pacquiao was so brutal, so fast, so destructive and I'd never even heard of him at that stage in his career. Whereas Barrera was coming off of the best sustained run of his career. I thought, "how's this skinny Chinese kid gonna beat Barrera?" And then Pacquiao, especially in the latter half of that fight, took the great Mexican to hell. I don't think Barrera ever fully recovered.

2. Pacquiao v Morales I - by this stage I was a massive Pacquiao fan but I was and still am a big Morales fan...what happened that night was devastatingly beautiful. People remember it as Pacs first big loss but it was more than that, it was Morales at his absolute best going up against yet another ATG. The Pacman didn't disappoint either, he was quick, aggressive, at times too much. He learned so much from that defeat.

3. Pacquiao v JMM I - Seriously, how anyone believes JMM own this fight is beyond me, Pac was ahead by 5 points going into the 4rd round, you'd have to believe JMM won a near shut out of the remaining rounds without even scoring a KD to win this one. No robbery, Pav was on fine form, as vicious as I've seen him. JMM came back strong and showed his heart but he never really seemed to be in the fight. There were rounds he knicked but it was Pca who did all the hurting.

4. Pacquiao v Cotto - vintage Pacquiao here against a legitimate welterweight threat. Cotto looked good for about 4 rounds and in a fight I thought was too far for the great Pacquiao, Cotto was proving me correct. And then the 3 punch combos turned into 4, 5, 6 punch rallies and Cotto was eaten alive. Still Pacquiao's greatest night at the welterweight.

5. Pacquiao v Hatton - This was supposed to be a two sided war at Hatton's best weight and Pacquiao's second fight above 135lb. Ricky was as fired up as I've ever seen him and he looked to have put the Mayweather loss behind him with a punch perfect performance against Malignaggi. None of that mattered as Pacquiao didn't even allow Hatton into the fight. It was over almost before it began. And in the process we got one of the best one punch KOs in boxing history.

6. Pacquiao v Ledwaba - This was Pacquiao's coming out party and he showed the world what he could be. As always, he was fast and aggressive and although Ledwaba seemed game, Pacquiao, unheralded, was simply too much. Not as competitive as his fight with Morales or JMM or as highlight packed as Barrera I/Hatton, it's still up there as a great one.

7. Pacquiao v Bradley I - People kept saying Pacquiao would find it difficult against a mover, a "slick" fighter who could move, Bradley was all those things but he also had/has tonnes of heart and can brawl when needed. Desert Storm is one of the most accomplished fighters of his generation but Pacquiao completely schooled him. This wasn't Pacquiao the destroyer, this was Pacquiao the thoughtful technician. He out jabbed, out maneuvered and out landed Bradley. The fact that the decision is often thought of as one of the worst ever goes to show you how dominant Pac was that night.

The rest will be up after I'm done with my essay

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

No, he really doesn't. I was watching a fight someone posted on here where he absolutely went to town on this guy to the body. It was amazing. Roach did great things for Pac, but losing his body punching is not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            No, he really doesn't. I was watching a fight someone posted on here where he absolutely went to town on this guy to the body. It was amazing. Roach did great things for Pac, but losing his body punching is not one of them.
            it's like the right hook thing.

everyone says roach developed pac's right hook. they thought pac had no right hook pre morales.

roach actually took away pac's hook along with body work.

which was smart at the time.

pac was too reckless. making pac a 1-2 jab-straight fighter made him less reckless.

but still should've done more body work after pac became more developed.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post

Exactly, you are right, vs Hussein, it s impressive, body shot after body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by -MARKAVELLI- View Post
                Good video!

Nice compilation but Manny got a gift from Hussein though!

I like bam bam bam part hahaha

But the other video you made is the truth!!!

That's probably how it would go down, except it would be a lot closer than 118-110. Floyd would try his best to box him and set him up but it's going to go downhill when Pacquiao tastes Floyd's power, shrugs it off and turns it up.

I can't see this fight going any other way than Floyd going on defense and Pacquiao outworking him.

I think that's the best gameplan for Pacquiao. Go on the constant attack and force Floyd to go defensive for the majority of the fight. Even if he only lands 20% of his shots, he's not going to give Floyd a chance to throw his own shots.

Marquez punched with Pacquiao and went to war with him. Floyd is not going to do that. He's going to lose on points. Floyd knows he can't go to war with Pacquiao, floyd knows he can't punch with Pacquiao because it's too dangerous and too risky, and Floyd knows he can't outwork Pacquiao.

That's why he's terrified of this fight.
                Last edited by KEY LOW; 10-12-2014, 07:07 AM.

Comment

need to download this, put it on my tv and get some popcorn

great work man

Comment

Originally posted by OfficeHancho View Post
                    Damn, nice intro. Gonna bookmark this for later.

Comment

Great, great video. I think the Margarito win should be lower and the Hatton one higher. This reminded me of the thread this week asking if Manny has lost any power. I don't think he has. One thing that I think gets overlooked in Marquez IV was that Manny was tiring toward the end of the sixth. In fact he looked like he was fatiguing throughout the round. And he got sloppy. Manny's learned to pace himself a bit. He's still high volume but not as much and he doesn't try to pack dynamite in each punch he throws. He's switching up the power on his shots and boxing more. I don't know what happens the next time he meets a hard hitter but he's adjusted. A truly great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X