Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

prime Roy destroys Calzaghe in a couple rounds

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
      I was watching a countdown show on Setanta and when Roy said 'All the pressures on him' then said the I'm definetely going to win or whatever after that. My sister who knows nothing about boxing or most sports said 'even that guy doesn't think he's going to win, he keeps contradicting himself.'

Coming from a nation of sportsmen of serial losers (England) none of our sports stars ever talk like that, and we love a loser.
      Allow me to comment on your culture from the outside. I think English do love a loser but historically they have this thing about blood and guts and if a man gives it his all and trys to the last drop he's like a hero forever.

We americans tend to abandon a guy when he loses at least the NSB crowd does (not all mind you)

This brings up Audley, now if Audley tried then got ko'ed, then tried again, british fans would love him to death but the fact that he is tenative and not blood and guts makes your whole culture hate him.
      If you think Arturo Gatti was big in America because of his style, if there was an English version of Gatti who was limited but courageous, that dude would have been knighted by now

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Allow me to comment on your culture from the outside. I think English do love a loser but historically they have this thing about blood and guts and if a man gives it his all and trys to the last drop he's like a hero forever.

We americans tend to abandon a guy when he loses at least the NSB crowd does (not all mind you)

This brings up Audley, now if Audley tried then got ko'ed, then tried again, british fans would love him to death but the fact that he is tenative and not blood and guts makes your whole culture hate him.
        If you think Arturo Gatti was big in America because of his style, if there was an English version of Gatti who was limited but courageous, that dude would have been knighted by now
        You're right.

Audley did get gung ho once and he was laid out for over 5 minutes and had to be brought round with smelling salts. But yeah if we had Gatti.......boy. Hatton had a similar style back in the day but now he holds alot because he'll be KTFO otherwise. Whereas Gatti would accept that he might be KTFO and still throw bombs.

I read an article that Paulie Malignaggi said Hatton is afraid of getting hit.....it's not complete bull****, he's right. Though I guess all successful boxers should be afraid of getting hit but if you're not, then boy people will love you.

David Haye is closer to Gatti in mentality. Though he will be layed out for certain if any decent heavyweight connects flush ( I think his chin is that bad)..But people will love David Haye if he does anything in the heavyweight division. He's a good looking guy too in't it? and he is funnier and more likeable than Hatton imo. Who is it just me seems alot older than his 30 years? he's like an old man. Corny,Northern bastard,
        Last edited by sparked_85; 11-06-2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

one word

Flawless

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
            one word

Flawless
            HA HA HA. Flaw has gotten better. He has stayed away from boxrec and because of his boxrec logic, he couldn't fathom how Margarito beat Cotto because boxrec said margs had 5 losses and cotto 0.

I have hope for him.

Comment

HA HA HA. Flaw has gotten better. He has stayed away from boxrec and because of his boxrec logic, he couldn't fathom how Margarito beat Cotto because boxrec said margs had 5 losses and cotto 0.

I have hope for him.

so he just became a Marg fan after he beat Cotto

Comment

I have hope for him.
                you're killing me over here!

Comment

Just Like I Fucken Thought. Roy Jones Never Had Confidence In Himself To Begin With. All His Talk Was To Make His Loss Seem Lesser. He Fought Like ****, He Fought Scared, He Didn't Throw Fucken Punches, It Was Just As Bad As The 3rd Tarver Fight And That's What I Was Worried About. Sorry Roy I Been A Fan For A Long Time, But You Have Yet Again Disappointed Me. I Can't Defend And Support Someone That Never Had Confidence In Himself And Couldn't Go Out Swinging Trying To Fight For The Win. I've Spent My Last $50 On A Roy Jones Jr Ppv. Thanks For The Memories.

Comment

I'm still upset!!!!! hope you read this roy!

Comment

Working...
                    X