Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marco Rubio? REally? This is the Future of the Republican Party?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Rubio? REally? This is the Future of the Republican Party?

Same old republican ideologue. They just put a hispanic face on it to shamelessly pander to the hispanic voting bloc.

I didnt think it was possible to outdue Bobby Jinda's SOTU rebuttal but Rubio sure did try his best.

Doesnt believe in climate change either.

Fhuck this guy

Comment

He's got my vote

Comment

You're right. The Tea parties response to the State of the Union address was better. We don't need another lawyer and career politician being the spokesperson for the Small Govt party. This guy never had a job in the private sector from what i read. Been working his way up from local to national politics since day 1. Politics should be more like jury duty...you get in there and serve for a while and then you get out and get back to your private-sector job or career. We need more businessmen, doctors and self-made job creating millionaires in congress...not lawyers.

Comment

Now a little bit about the President's speech.

It's just more of the same. Obama doesn't really understand what makes an economy grow. His basic premise was that we need the Govt. to create the middle class..to strengthen the middle class and if we strengthen the middle class then we would get a more prosperous economy. But what Obama doesn't understand was that it was the prosperous economy that gave us the middle class, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. He's got the economic cart before the horse. What created the middle class was (guess what?)...Capitalism, was Adam Smith's invisible hand, the Free Market.

It was entrepreneurs making things, inventing things, starting businesses etc,. That's what raised everybody's living standards. That's what made real wages higher and that's where the middle class came from(Not artificially keep raising the minimum wage). It came from productivity but you get productivity when you get limited Govt. When you have low taxes, low govt spending and minimal regulations. But Obama wants the opposite of that so he is gonna destroy the middle class.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Capitalist View Post
            You're right. The Tea parties response to the State of the Union address was better. We don't need another lawyer and career politician being the spokesperson for the Small Govt party. This guy never had a job in the private sector from what i read. Been working his way up from local to national politics since day 1. Politics should be more like jury duty...you get in there and serve for a while and then you get out and get back to your private-sector job or career. We need more businessmen, doctors and self-made job creating millionaires in congress...not lawyers.

Originally posted by One_Capitalist View Post
            Now a little bit about the President's speech.

It's just more of the same. Obama doesn't really understand what makes an economy grow. His basic premise was that we need the Govt. to create the middle class..to strengthen the middle class and if we strengthen the middle class then we would get a more prosperous economy. But what Obama doesn't understand was that it was the prosperous economy that gave us the middle class, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. He's got the economic cart before the horse. What created the middle class was (guess what?)...Capitalism, was Adam Smith's invisible hand, the Free Market.

It was entrepreneurs making things, inventing things, starting businesses etc,. That's what raised everybody's living standards. That's what made real wages higher and that's where the middle class came from(Not artificially keep raising the minimum wage). It came from productivity but you get productivity when you get limited Govt. When you have low taxes, low govt spending and minimal regulations. But Obama wants the opposite of that so he is gonna destroy the middle class.

really when you get down to it, the president really has nothing to do with the economy.

politicians just use it to win elections. that being said, i have more trust in the democrats than republicans in almost all aspect of life.

The people can trust President Obama. Cant say the same for anybody in the republican party.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              This man has got it right.

really when you get down to it, the president really has nothing to do with the economy.

politicians just use it to win elections. that being said, i have more trust in the democrats than republicans in almost all aspect of life.

The people can trust President Obama. Cant say the same for anybody in the republican party.
              No they cannot trust him. And partially for the reason your Atheist cited, he too is a lawyer. Has he ever had a full time job in the private sector..to appreciate the burden that govt puts on it?

Essentially what Obama does is appeal to peoples emotion, using feel-good Liberal rhetoric like wanting to raise the minimum wage to 9 dollars an hour. Not appealing to their intellect. What's the old saying, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Unfortunately his central economic planning has plenty of unintended consequences. Or are they intended consequences to ruin the economy some more, then falsely blame Capitalism and use it as justification to even further control and intervene in the economy. Reminds me of this quote:

"Government is good at only one thing. It knows how to break your legs, hand you a crutch, and say, 'See if it weren't for the government, you..."

Comment

I didn't really specifically address this part. YES..yes he does have something to do with it. You just gotta read between the lines and connect the dots.

Essentially when things are going "good" on paper, the president wants to take credit for it. But when it's bad...oh it's not me, it's Capitalism and the greedy. False premise leads to false conclusion. What he needs to do is get out of the way and the economy will self-repair.

Comment

I was listening to his response last night driving home. One of his statements stood out to me as being kinda outlandish borderline ridiculous:

"Let's simplify the tax code that way business can hire more people (I'm paraphrasing)" I was like, what is this kat talkin' bout? I fail to see the correlation between simplifying filling out a tax return and how a business might benefit so much by this that they can hire more people. I can see lower tax rates and saving businesses money that way but making it easier for them to comply with the tax laws is not gonna save them a tremendous amount of dough.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    I was listening to his response last night driving home. One of his statements stood out to me as being kinda outlandish borderline ridiculous:

"Let's simplify the tax code that way business can hire more people (I'm paraphrasing)" I was like, what is this kat talkin' bout? I fail to see the correlation between simplifying filling out a tax return and how a business might benefit so much by this that they can hire more people. I can see lower tax rates and saving businesses money that way but making it easier for them to comply with the tax laws is not gonna save them a tremendous amount of dough.
                    Considering that he is like anchorman...just reading off of a teleprompter, who knows whether he even understands what he said there. If he does, he may have implied saving some money on having corporate accountants on your payroll, which they need plenty of to find the companies loopholes to pay less in taxes. But that's robbing Peter to pay Paul. Eliminate the loopholes and there is less need to have full-time accountants, but you're paying more taxes without the loopholes.

Comment

Working...
                    X