• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemito Moreno: I'll Be Like Mayweather Against Donaire

Now we know meaning of his words.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chemito-m...donaire--36260

By Jhonny Gonzalez

The bantamweight champion of the World Boxing Association (WBA), Panama's Anselmo "Chemito" Moreno, is confident that he can box circles around Filipino Nonito Donaire, the new WBO/WBC champion after knocking out Fernando Montiel in two rounds last Saturday in Las Vegas. Without hesitation, Chemito said he wasn't afraid of Donaire and willing to accept any challenge for a fight. Moreno is the WBA's "super champion" at bantamweight, while Japan's Koki Kameda is the "regular" WBA champion.

"I got into boxing to fight the best. Nonito Donaire, I am not afraid of him. He doesn't scare me. I only ask Nonito Donaire to give me the opportunity to show who the best bantamweight in the world really is. The knockout of Fernando Montiel was impressive, but I'll say it again that he doesn't scare me. I am willing to unify my title with Nonito Donaire. With the skills that I have to dodge punches and my excellent preparation, I'll become like Floyd Mayweather to Nonito Donaire. I assure you that he won't get to me," Moreno said.

Donaire, 28-years-old, has a record of 26-1-18 KO's; while Moreno, 25-years-old, has a record of 30-1-1-10 KO's.
    Last edited by Instinto; 03-15-2011, 01:16 PM.

Maybe what Chemito means is he'll beat up his wife ala FLoyd for punking out of the 300k.

Comment

Working...
    X