No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Talks Pacquiao, Retirement, Jail, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Edubbs216
    Come on dude....you seem like an intelligent boxing fan.....Oscar was a shot fighter when Pac fought em and Freddy Roach is on record saying that he knew it when Oscar and Manny met in the middle of the ring before the soumd of the openi g bell...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...poses-pacquiao

All that stuff Oscar was saying about "he feels good and blah blah" was just him selling the fight
    He may have been shot, the weight issue was his own doing, that's my point and Pacquiao should not have credit taken away because of it. Pacquiao didn't force him down to 147, Oscar was scheduled to fight Floyd there anyway. He had plenty of time to prepare. Oscar was probably looking past Pacquiao to a more lucrative fight with Hatton. He cherry picked Pacquiao, a guy who fought at 130 the same year, that is the truth. Pacquiao couldn'thave performed any better and embarrassed DLH and shocked pretty much the entire boxing world. Historically it won't rate as a great win because of the excuses after, but Pacquiao went on to destroy other top fighters like Hatton, Cotto, Clottey and collectively that was an incredible run for a guy who'd spent his entire career below 130

Comment

Dude...Bererra lost to JMM 7 months before he lost to Pacquioa.....that is a fact!

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...8010&cat=boxer

Great points tho, and very refreshing talking to someone that you can actually learn a thing or two about the sweet science
      WTF! you do know that pac fought barrera twice, and pac first fought barrera before marquez? get those hate glasses off dude...

Comment

Dude...Bererra lost to JMM 7 months before he lost to Pacquioa.....that is a fact!

Great points tho, and very refreshing talking to someone that you can actually learn a thing or two about the sweet science
        that was the rematch. Barrera-Marquez was a great technical fight, he wasn't prime,but wasn't completely shot either. Pac was expected to beat him again, though some gave Barrera a chance on boxing forums from memory. It was his first win over Barrera which was his greatest, Barrera having gotten back in the P4P lists by beating Hamed and having a couple of exciting fights with Morales. Many expected Barrera to beat Pacquiao,and Pac just overwhelmed him with his relentless attack of speed and power

Comment

• "The main thing is to grow mentally"---lords knows there is plenty of room for floyd to grow there

Comment

Great point....but it's just a testament to how great people really think Floyd is whether they even realize it or not.... Floyd beats Oscar at 154 pounds while he's the champ, Oscar chooses the gloves, ring size etc. Etc. and when ne beats em, Oscar is old and past his prime.... Pac fights Oscar after is coming off of a loss and at a weight Oscar hadnt fought at in 10 fricking years and Pac gets all the credit in the world..... People hold Pac and Floyd to different standards and it's obvious who everyone thinks is the best, like I said whether they even realize it or not.
            Oscar was past his prime, in both fights bottom line! I watched Oscars entire career and he was nowhere near his prime and way past his best already when he fought Floyd.

Comment

Think it clear that this guy does not know what he is talking about.

90% of is boxing knowledge comes from Boxrec and he still gets that wrong.

Time to make a new alias

Comment

Never did he shut anything down.....i havent seen any HBO links posted.....i can go get links that say some Pac fightsndidnt even do a million buys but I'm not going to stoop down to peoples levels to make myself feel relevant clown
                Contrary, you got completely owned and shut down. I'm suprised you still have the balls to show your face here anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X