No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Same As It Ever Was: Salido Wins Another Classic in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Same As It Ever Was: Salido Wins Another Classic in PR

By Jake Donovan - For the second time in less than a year, Orlando Salido and Juan Manuel Lopez met in Puerto Rico to provide a leading candidate for Fight of the Year.

For the second time in less than a year, Salido proved to be superior to Lopez.

In terrific featherweight war that saw both fighters hit the deck as well as one of the best rounds in recent boxing history, Salido repeated last year’s success with a 10th round knockout Saturday evening at Coliseo Roberto Clemente in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The fight began in exact opposite form of their first clash last April. Salido wasn’t forced to fight from behind, instead coming out as the aggressor and taking the fight to a surprisingly hesitant Lopez. Both fighters had moments of success in a razor thin open round, Lopez pumping his jab and Salido landing clean right hands.

Salido cleaned up in rounds two and three, charging forward to the point of bullying the Puerto Rican southpaw. The fear going in was that Lopez stood no chance of exorcizing past demons unless he dramatically improved his defense and proved to be his undoing through the first few rounds.

Lopez attempted to turn things around in the fourth, working behind his jab and also scoring with straight left hands. However, Salido was still landing the more telling blows, carrying over his success into the fifth round as well. [Click Here To Read More]

Lost all respect for Juan Ma when he started blaming everyone after the fight. Sad part is that he had crooked judges on his side and a ref that was letting him get away with everything, and he still managed to get KO'd.

War Salido

Fight of the Decade by far.

Comment

Like I posted in the past thread on this fight, I predicted before this fight that it was going to be more or less the same fight with the same outcome..It was a way better fight than the 1st & the KO was even better than the 1st.. I had Salido way ahead & the round that Juanma scored the KD, was Salido's round until the Juanma scored that nice KD..After such a good fight & a gutsy performance by both fighters, Juanma just had to fuk everything up in the post fight interview.. Juanma is definitely a sore looser & is fuked in the head for the stupid accusations he made towards the ref(actually both, father & son).. The ref actually was going to give him a chance cause ANY other ref in their right mind would have stopped the fight as soon as Juanma got up cause he was wobbling all over the place!! Juanma is done & if or when he goes up in weight & fights an elite fighter, he gonna get KO'd faster!!& his stupid ass deserves it!!

Comment

JuanMa is a little baby making nothing but excuses, first fight and second, he has no class and a sore loser. Glad Salido went in and did work.

Comment

He was up but he couldn't stay up he was reaching for the ref. Good win for Salido

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
            Lost all respect for Juan Ma when he started blaming everyone after the fight. Sad part is that he had crooked judges on his side and a ref that was letting him get away with everything, and he still managed to get KO'd.

War Salido

Fight of the Decade by far.
            khan pulled the same stunt and you still cheerlead that punk. stick to your principles, medved!!!

Comment

i think juanma wants to get ko n never get up lol, he can take punch all night he was gettin beat up bad, salido es cabron!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe people still want a rematch lol, i guess they like seeing juanma take a beating dude has balls

Comment

Juanma's post fight comments reminds me of the guy in the bar that can't leave the place standing up and barely can make himself understood when being denied another drink:
                "waAz ur proaableem widt meaa...i ainnttt druaaank...gimme anoather onaee..juzz anoathear oneaa"
                Juanma:
                Hea annd heais faathear arrrree coarrupteeed...I waazz fineee to continueae..."

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                  khan pulled the same stunt and you still cheerlead that punk. stick to your principles, medved!!!
                  khan had a case tho, after rewatcihng the fiight i had it 8-4 for khan....cant say the same for juanma ..

Comment

Mad as hell

About the judges, where do they get them from? seems like they are always watching the wrong freaking fight. What was up with the score cards? are you kidding me? they should never score another fight ......damn!

Comment

Working...
                    X