Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd's 'deafening silence' all part of his mind games with Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Floyd's 'deafening silence' all part of his mind games with Manny Pacquiao?

Is Floyd Mayweather Jr's 'deafening silence' all part of his mind games with Manny Pacquiao?

June 1, 3:29 PMFight Sports ExaminerRick Rockwell

http://www.examiner.com/x-21442-Figh...Manny-Pacquiao

Floyd Mayweather Jr is the greatest trash talker in the sport of Boxing today. His trash talking is all part of the masterful mind games that he plays with his opponents. So, when Mayweather Jr remains silent during the most anticipated fight in decades, it becomes a shock to many. But, I'm here to tell you that I think it's part of his mind games. I think it's all part of his plan to frustrate Team Pacquiao. Let's examiner further.
    In a recent interview, Bob Arum made the following comments about Mayweather's approach to the negotiations:
    "I don't really want to talk about it. We have heard nothing. It's been deafening silence." Arum, Golzka
    Sounds like Bob Arum is getting a little frustrated. This is the same guy who just blasted members of Team Pacquiao, last week, for publicly expressing their opinions on details from the negotiations.
    "I know Manny is just as angry as I am that these guys, who have nothing to do with any of these negotiations, keep shooting their mouths off and inflaming the situation,” Bob Arum, Boxingscene.com
    Arum was referring to the following comments by Pineda and Gacal:
    "We just got word that it seems to be that way. But we will never agree to that." Gacal, Philstar.com

"Yes, we were told that Floyd now wants a bigger share. And if that’s the case, we now feel that he really doesn’t want to fight Manny because Floyd knows we will never agree on that." Pineda, Philstar.com

Right about the time Manny Pacquiao won his congressional seat, Arum said that he wouldn't publicly comment on the negotiations with Floyd Mayweather Jr anymore. Apparently, that was an empty promise. Bob has been the most vocal about these negotiations. Whether it be about Mayweather's silence or Pacquiao's team making public comments, Arum is coming off as a frustrated old man.

And how does Manny Pacquiao feel about the situation? Well, fortunately, he's not making too many public comments. He last publicly stated that he would come down to 14 days for the drug testing cut-off. However, according to Arum, Manny is also angry over members of his team publicly commenting on the situation:"I know Manny is just as angry as I am that these guys"

It's these examples of anger and frustration that fuel my argument that Floyd Mayweather Jr is succeeding with his silent act. In fact, the only time he has said anything in the negotiations, was that he wanted a larger portion of the purse. This caused a public outrage and led to Pacquiao's management team making public comments and Arum to publicly 'lash-out' at members of his own team.

We're all accustomed to hearing Floyd Jr talk so much trash that when he doesn't talk at all, we are all left scratching our heads. Once again, this is another perfect example of how Floyd's silent act is part of his mind games. He gets everyone thinking one way and then he does the opposite. He bashes Manny Pacquiao for months and then doesn't say anything. And it's working. Well at least toward Arum and other members of Team Pacquiao. As of right now, Manny is handling this very professionally and limiting public comments about this topic.

As for Floyd, he's still staying busy. It might not be in the area of Boxing but Floyd is keeping himself preoccupied.

According to Floyd Jr's FaceBook, "Money May" has been doing the following:

o Memorial weekend - "Hopefully, everyone had a good weekend. I know I did!"
    · Watching NBA Playoffs -

o "Some people were doubtin the Lakers, true champions know how to come out victorious under pressure."

o "The Celtics still lookin like they got it locked to go to the finals. I wanna see how much heart the Magic have in them tonight..."

o "Tonight Imma kick back shoot some pool at the BIG BOY Mansion and watch the game."

· Training - "How's everybody doing today? I'm good...leaving my gym, I spent the afternoon working with my fighters and a few other kids."

· Bowling - "I'm bowling tonight and yes, I dominate in this too. Who thinks they can beat me?"

Oh yes my friends, as Bob Arum and millions of boxing fans wait for Mayweather's response, Floyd Mayweather Jr is enjoying life and working the mental voodoo. Let the 'summer games' begin

yup...yeah Arum and Schaefer both said NOBODY will comment on the negotiations to not **** them up...Roach says no comment..Manny does..arum does..so yeah this thread is pointless now.Your Welcome.

Comment

no i think they are both seriously trying to get the contract figured out if they do i expect a grandiose **** talking experience from the reigning king of trash talk money mayweather

Comment

Rick Rockwell is a funny guy..

Comment

Floyd is sick to death of hearing about Pacquiao, that's why he isnt saying much. Unless Pacquiao agrees to random olympic style blood testing then Floyd doesnt have anything to do with him. And that's the way it should be, Roach and Pacquiao can talk all they want but until they take the blood test nothing is going to happen

Comment

Working...
          X